HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
As Technical Services expands to tackle more complex end-user projects, the need to structure the team to organize complex engagement requires the help of a specialized Higher Education Project Manager. Reporting to the PMO director and working within the Pre-sales Team, The Strategic Project Manager for Higher Education possesses extensive experience in advising customers throughout their Secure projects implementations.
Within the technical Services group,
- Pre-sales team focused on provide technical expertise to support sales account managers, inside sales and channel partners in closing deals with current and prospective Customers.
- Support team is focused on post sales activities like support and maintenance
- HID Academy delivered training duties onsite and via online LMS system
- Professional Service delivered contractual and structure delivery for project engagement, including Statement of Work, Project Proposal, High level design, and Acceptance Test Plan. Sign-off triggers adequate invoicing on completion of the contractual engagement
The strategic project manager coordinates the critical projects with the help of technical services specialists across all business segments leveraging Presales, PS, PM and R&D to the satisfactory completion of critical company projects.
The role covers the whole territory of NAM hence extensive travel will be required.
All Strategic Project Managers are trained on HID product technology as well as third party technology where required.
All Strategic Project Managers must demonstrate expert proficiency in at least one specific segment, and experience with most other segments to support cross segments program.
All projects are vetted for execution as part of a company internal project steering committee in which the SPM is the representative of the Technical Service department.
The Pre-Sales department is tightly integrated with the HID product roadmap definition procedure and collaborates closely with other technology parties to aid in achieving their customer's goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project Management tracking and reporting in Agile and SFDC
- Internal and external communication duties for all strategic projects the SPM is managing
- Finance reporting whenever PS engagement are used
- Project Strategy definition with the help of internal and external resources
- Technology assessments and advice
- Product presentations, Product demonstrations in virtual and portable environments
- Technical tender responses and other documentation
- Discovery Workshops and Proof of Concepts Deployments
- Be available and ready to support sales account managers, inside sales and partners closing deals with current and prospective Customers, organize regular conference calls and meetings accordingly
- Resolve presales technical issues from partners/Global Account and strategic end-users via email, telephone and the global case management system (Salesforce)
- Adhere to case management policy at all times
- Escalate cases to engineering, production and product management regarding product problems, enhancements, customer requirements using the global issue management tracking system
- Participate in partner events and produce adequate material from input from Product marketing and Product management, presenting the benefits of HID Secure Issuance products to Customers
- Organize demos and POC to properly represent HID Secure Issuance during seminars, conferences and tradeshows
RFx and Tender support
- Handle the technical aspects of request for proposals in relation with Product Marketing and Product Management
- Collect market feedback with regards to Product requirements and market information & competitive news from the field, and report to PM / solution marketing team in an argued and fruitful manner
- Ensure adequate reporting of these activities
- Resolve relevant customer tech support issues for the relevant product line using the global case management system (SalesForce)
- Adhere to case management policy at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Natural leadership with the ability to inspire others
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with Autonomy
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in electronics or a similar technical field. Candidates with equivalent education plus relevant work experience may be considered dependent upon qualifications.
- 3+ years of experience in a first line technical or applications support role
Preferred, but not required
- IT security experience
- Printing or Secure Identity systems or Secure Card Issuance support experience
- Access control market experience
- CISSP certified preferred
- PMP Certification
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient with Project Management tools (ex. Oracle Agile PLM, Confluence, Jira)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in a home office environment.
- The home office must be a well-defined work area, separate from normal domestic activity and complete with all essential technology including, but not limited to; separate phone, scanner, printer, computer, etc. as required in order to effectively perform their duties.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Up to 25% travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.