HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
About PTI Security Systems
PTI is the most trusted name in security and new technology for the self-storage industry because we have a proven track record of providing the best access control products and solutions to fit your site's unique needs. We've been in the self-storage industry for more than 35 years, and have more than 36,000 systems in self-storage facilities in more than 30 countries. For more information on our company, please visit .
PTI Technical Support Representatives provide telephone support for our access control and security systems to end users and dealers. The Support Representative's objective is to provide a quality customer service experience via remote connection to troubleshoot both hardware and software components. Our Technicians strive to resolve issues and document the resolution within our ticketing system in an efficient manner that complies with our company procedures.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, but not limited to:
- Provide technical customer support for outbound calls to customers
- Provide live customer support through online chat
- Understand product line and installation process
- Serve as a technical resource for customer's and installation technicians in the field
- Troubleshoot and resolve various technical support issues including both hardware and software
- Punctuality and reliability are critical to success
- Schedule will include Saturday and may occur between 8am and 8pm after initial training
- Ensure electronic records are created and updated for all customer communications
- Build and maintain customer facing and internal knowledge base
- Creating, maintaining, and delivering training to our dealer community on a quarterly basis or as needed
- Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting of proprietary software and hardware for access control systems remotely with limited scripts or references.
- The ability to manage an online chat session with preferred customers
- Strong analytical, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic - punctuality and team interaction are critical
- Basic knowledge of Electrical principals and low voltage electronics including wiring and wireless communications required
- 2+ year prior Support center experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Database preferred.
- Networking skills a definite plus
- Mobile application experience also a plus
- Prior field service and/or working knowledge of access control systems and troubleshooting Windows operating systems
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual with hands-on mentality and excitement for new technologies and emerging trends
Applicant Background Requirements
The candidate must agree to, and successfully pass a comprehensive background check to include:
- Financial review (credit worthiness);
- Civil review (public records, judgments, liens, etc);
- Criminal background check; and
- Drug screening, where applicable.
- Must be able to pass extensive background verifications.
PTI Security/HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter (optional).
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.