Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
**We will be hiring either an Analyst II or Sr. Tax Analyst based on the experience level of the candidate.
Summary To assist in the areas of filing the corporate federal and state income tax returns and extensions and the computation of estimated tax payments and tax accruals.
- Participates in the preparation of all required federal consolidated and state income tax returns and claims for refund to ensure accurate and timely filing and minimization of tax liability.
- Participates in the determination of the monthly tax accruals and disclosures to ensure compliance with IRS, GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and regulatory income tax accounting and public utility normalization requirements. The timeliness and accuracy of the monthly tax accrual is critical to the company's earnings determination process.
- Assists in implementing Company tax policies in order to maintain compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. Assist in the annual preparation of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Form 1 and Uniform Statistical Report.
- Performs other non-routine duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or as assigned.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in tax laws, regulations, and rulings by ongoing reading and research to accurately prepare federal and state income tax returns.
- Degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively use Excel spreadsheets and word processing software
- Demonstrated communication and relationship skills.
- Two years' experience in income tax compliance and accounting.
- Appropriate experience would include: Consolidated federal and unitary state tax return preparation. Estimated federal and state income tax payment calculations. Monthly tax accruals/financial statement presentation. Income tax research and analysis, with references to authoritative tax literature.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75600:Tax Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 20234
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org