Vice President, Operations (Interventional Urology)
Coloplast has an exciting opportunity for a VP, Operations to join our Interventional Urology team.
You will provide leadership and overall strategic direction to the global operations organization including the functions of Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Material Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, and Distribution. The position is responsible for leading operations within a Class II-III, medical device company to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as alignment with company objectives and quality standards. As a dynamic, resourceful and strategic thinker, the Vice President provides results-oriented leadership to sustain and improve a world class, robust and efficient operations organization. You will also be responsible for ensuring the on-time production/procurement and delivery of high quality products in a cost-efficient fashion, executing all global operations strategies and metrics needed for delivering on growth ambitions. The VP provides leadership to the global organization encompassing product development and multiple manufacturing sites worldwide. You will be part of the Global Urology Executive Team (GUET) and participate in global, cross functional strategy development and investment decisions.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Lead global multi-site operations team by encouraging high performance based on metrics and results.
- Demonstrates a leadership presence that promotes a culture of quality, compliance and employee engagement.
- Build an organization that hires, develops and retains high quality global talent.
- Member of Global Urology Executive Team; contributing to the overall strategic direction of the business.
- Promotes a culture that reflects Coloplast values and Leadership Principles.
- Leads the development and execution of the global operations strategy, bringing new ideas to the table that ensure continuous evolution of global manufacturing and operations. Includes process and systems improvement and footprint expansion / migration.
- Responsible for all global manufacturing and distribution functions which currently includes: manufacturing in United States and France and contract manufacturers and suppliers globally.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning in all UC manufacturing and supply chain operations.
- Implement and integrate world-class manufacturing standards, including a strong and sustainable Lean culture.
- Ensure delivery performance targets are met
- Responsible for delivering world-class customer service and customer relations with distributors.
- Strategic Sourcing
- Responsible for establishing a global strategic sourcing strategy which includes: negotiation strategy, contract templates and supplier metrics.
- Product Engineering/Support
- Provide on-going engineering support and maintenance to the current product portfolio.
- Support and/or lead range-care product changes.
- Support and/or lead forced material changes.
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance of all UC operations with respect to all application regulations and corporate quality systems.
- Ensure local compliance with applicable legal environmental requirements and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Assures compliance and uniform administration of Coloplast policies and procedures.
- Promote a quality culture throughout operations ensuring compliance to policies, procedures and regulations and sustained through reinforcement of "quality first" behaviors at all levels of employees.
- Assure product quality, delivery and efficiency Key Performance Indicators are met by coordinating with GUET and other Coloplast entities as needed.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure environment, health and safety key elements are incorporated in management decisions.
- Set common standards for environment, health and safety in the organization.
- Take precautions to prevent unnecessary impacts on environment, health and safety when developing products, technologies and business areas.
- Ensure relevant suppliers are aligned with Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Conform with Coloplast Q/EHS Policy
- Responsible for establishing and controlling all operation functional expense budgets as well as the capital budget and plan.
- Oversee the management of all manufacturing / supplier contracts and agreements.
- Produce monthly reports for the President of Interventional Urology.
- Conform with Coloplast Code of Conduct and all local Compliance Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business Management, Engineering or related field is required
- Master's degree - MBA or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 12 years' leadership experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in medical device manufacturing
- Experience leading multi-geography/multi-national organizations
- Experience leading geographic operations expansion required
- Documented results with effective management in an international organization
- Experience within operations and Lean implementation or similar quality tool kit preferred
- Experience should include close interactions with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Legal and R&D
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for medical device manufacturing or equivalent
- 30% - 50% local and international travel per year
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid team and leadership capabilities
- Able to build a positive, results-oriented workforce that establishes a world class environment for employees
- Develops organizational capabilities and cultivates a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Communicates effectively through interpersonal and cross-functional relationships
The job information contained herein will apply to the candidate successful in being hired for the position. If interested, please apply today!
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with very private and personal medical conditions. Employing more than 10,000 people and with products available in more than 100 countries, we are one of the worlds leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward - we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things. Curiosity works here.