Inside Sales Representative (ISR)
Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Representative sells GN ReSound branded and Private Label hearing aids to audiologists, dispensers, physicians, hospitals, and other hearing healthcare professionals. This is done primarily over the telephone. Builds and maintains customer relationships to grow current customer's business.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Key Result Areas)
This description is intended to be a general outline of job activities.
The areas of responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with existing and potential customers by effectively communicating via phone and email to sell products and services and respond to customer concerns. (55%)
- Partner with outside sales representatives, marketing representative, professional trainer, and customer service within Channels of distribution and segmented accounts: (20%)
- Strategic account management for selected accounts with heavy focus on preparing annual customer marketing plan, with quarterly updates, unit trend analysis, price monitoring and renegotiation to gain and protect unit share. (5%)
- Analyze weekly sales reports and formulate action plans with outside counterparts to increase Points of Sales and Share of Wallet. (10%)
- Detail phone calls in CRM system (salesforce.com). (10%)
- Attend trade shows, conventions, sales meetings, customer incentive trips, training seminars, in person sales calls and other functions as needed. (approximately 4 times per year)
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS (Key Success Factors)
- Reach or exceed territory sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis via: incremental sales increases, successful introduction of new products, promotions, marketing opportunities, seminars and courses.
- 25+ telephone sales calls to Decision Maker (customers) reached daily.
- 35+ attempted customer contacts daily.
- Average 3.5 or more hours on the phone on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week in normal business hours of the assigned sales regions.
- Follow the HR policy including all company and department policies and procedures.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal and / or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Follow good safety practices in all activities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete position responsibilities.
- Attend ongoing Company sales and technical training and take personal initiative for professional development as needed.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company information.
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Preferably Business or Speech & Hearing emphasis.
- Successful Phone Sales experience in medical device or hearing industry.
- Minimum of 2 years Business to Business selling experience (non-retail).
- 1-2 years sales experience with outside sales experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong telephone communication and organizational skills.
- Computer and typing skills including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work in individual and team setting.
- Proven successful sales performance.
- Ability and desire to relocate to region(s) outside North America corporate headquarters (MN).
- Desire to follow career track progression from Inside Sales to future Outside Sales opportunity.
- Meet or exceed all outlined expectations in terms of activity and actual sales results in order to successfully execute mutually desired career track.
This job description may apply to employees in different departments and divisions. The information below is intended to document the most common situations and may vary by position / division. Refer to management or human resources for specific information for this position.
Also provides support to:
Territory Sales Manager, Customer Care, Finance & Operations.
Open seating arrangement. Each ISR is on a Sales Team.
The job is performed at the Bloomington, MN headquarters. This is a phone sales position, at a desk with a company phone and a company computer.
External communication and contacts:
Daily external communication with customers, field sales colleagues, field technical trainers.
Internal communication and contacts:
Daily internal communications with any and all departments, on the customer's behalf.
Requires basic computer skills and a familiarity with Micro-soft office, and the ability to learn the contact management software.
This job description is intended to be a general guideline for applicants, employees and managers. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, expectations or qualifications. This description does not create a contract or guarantee of employment. Management reserves the right to modify job responsibilities, expectations and qualifications.