HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The construction industry is changing, cybersecurity has become a key consideration when securing access points in buildings often designed in BIM that have more and more compliance requirements. To accompany this change this position requires a knowledgeable and experienced business professional to increase HID Global's specification sales opportunities and image within the consultants/engineers/specifiers community. The actions of this position will result in HID Global being the "Trusted Advisor" to specifiers and creating pull-through sales of HID Global's hardware and cloud solutions. The professional shall feel comfortable being the "voice of HID" in front of senior managers, decision makers and convey HID's corporate vision and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify construction projects (at design, retrofit or refurbishment stages) and specify HID Global solutions to achieve yearly specified revenue target
- Provide specifier presentations and trainings during "face to face" or Lunch&Learn meetings
- Provide educational sessions to consultants to reinforce HID Global's role as "Trusted Advisor", with a focus on trainings that provide certification points
- Participate with the various specifier assets development councils and workgroups such as, but not limited to: newsletter, specification council, HID Academy content development, consultant trainings
- Identify & understand key specifiers business operations and drive for business engagement
- Identify consultant / specifier ecosystems and stakeholders to address the digitization of the construction industry (BIM, Cybersecurity, Cloud Services, IoT)
- Identify and share global specifier needs and requirements with the HID Global extended team
- Cooperate and coordinate with internal technical, project and sales teams, ASSA ABLOY teams and Openings Studio teams to effectively specify HID Global solutions.
- Maintain and expand a comprehensive database of key specifiers
- Participate to industry influencer focus groups & seminars to identify current and future access control industry needs Identify and qualify relevant/local market needs for building and construction compliance
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge and industry trends
- Attend applicable industry tradeshows, meetings and other HID internal and external events, especially with focus on speaking and presentation opportunity.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly status report of activities and progress using Salesforce.
- Cooperate with marketing for specifier focused tools: Development of whitepapers, brochures, web presence, speaker engagements, specifier events.
- Understanding and experience of the construction and specifier markets, corporate culture, environment, and decision processes
- Proficient technical knowledge of Physical Access Control
- knowledge or a training background on Cybersecurity to support the role of "Trusted Advisor" to various specifier communities.
- Industry certifications would be a plus such as CPP, PSP, CISSP, Comptia A+
Education and/or Experience
- Ideally higher education with engineering or technical degree, coupled with a business training. A business degree with a technical professional experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the security industry w/ emphasis in physical and IT access control.
- Minimum of 2 years successful specifications sales business management or security consultant relations management
- SHOULD HAVE Experience with current construction industry developments such as BIM (incl. BIM software and BIM objects hosting platforms), sustainability and security building compliance (e.g. BREEAM, LEED certification), Smart Buildings and IoT location services
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Ability to effectively synthesize and simplify technical information into specifications
- Effective communications skills with specifier corporate management and executive personnel.
- Employee works primarily in a home office environment, with IT equipment and access requirements support of HID Global.
- Employee should employ the proposed structure and shall make his planning for efficient use of time using self initiative
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- At least 50% travel and fieldwork in the assigned region, therefore employee must possess a driver license and passport.
- Flexibility to accommodate team back up where required on line or on-site.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org,to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.