HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The pivCLASS team at HID Global is looking to improve on its overall solution offering by expanding its team. The pivCLASS team provides high security, high assurance physical access control components for use in the US Federal Government and other large enterprises.
The engineer would be responsible for designing and implementing portions of full solutions involving software, intermediate hardware, firmware, and readers. The engineer will be responsible for configuration, tuning and, especially, updating portions of embedded firmware to address issues in the solution and provide optimizations specific to the needs of the product. In addition, the engineer will develop embedded firmware in future new product development to meet the needs of the business. The engineer will analyze requirements, participate in design reviews, provide enhancements and updates to firmware components, and create new product functionality. The engineer must be able to work within a group (as well as with other groups globally), and clearly communicate technical knowledge to ensure overall success. The engineer must be able to learn new tasks quickly and demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop technical solutions from high level market requirements
- Design and implement reusable, testable, and efficient code for embedded firmware applications in C and C#
- Troubleshoot highly complex solutions and update embedded firmware to solve problems
- Design and create new features in future product development
- Collaborate with globally distributed teams
- Document and train newly developed low-level concepts
- Support existing product lines
- Available for occasional domestic and international travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong foundation in software/firmware engineering
- Experience in embedded software development
- Should have knowledge of various embedded firmware debugging and reverse engineering techniques
- Experience with both C and .NET development environments
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Comfortable working with prototype hardware and low-level drivers (GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI)
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA) and distributed version control systems
- Experience with automated build systems
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
Ideally Also Have
- Familiarity with hardware and/or electrical engineering
- Experience with smart card technology
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of object-oriented design
- Desktop application development experience
- Working knowledge of cryptography and security practices
- Knowledge of 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, UHF, mixed-signal HW/FW design/operation, in the access control industry
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software development and related testing experience
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and VMware.
- Ability to work from market and formal requirements and deliver solutions that delight the end customer.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork include occasional international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.