The Senior Manager of Data Science - Cyber Security role is critical to the Data Analytics and Security Innovation Team within the Optum Cyber Defense organization. The data scientist leads teams that build innovative solutions to facilitate UHG's cybersecurity situational awareness, analytics, and investigations. Cyber security data is collected in structured, unstructured, and semi-structured formats, at varying velocities, and in a complex, dynamic security environment. This creates unique data science challenges in support analysts, and investigators. The ideal candidate has experience leading teams that deliver innovative product while navigating development, analytic, and engineering challenges within a large organization.
* Product ownership of several data science production-grade products
* Working with internal Cyber Defense customers to create new innovative uses for data science within cyber security
* Growing data scientist and data engineer team members into leaders
* Developing data science models within an operational CICD pipeline
* Developing solutions for technical users to access data from the Data Lake through a variety of means, including APIs, flat file extracts, or web applications
* Remaining up to date and on the cutting edge of Big Data technology
* Constantly learning and adapting the team to new techniques, languages, and technologies
* Understanding emerging technology in the data space and security threats against it
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Job Keywords: Cyber Security, Big Data, Hadoop, Oozie, YARN, Spark, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Boston, MA, Massachusetts