HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The OSDP (Open Supervised Device Protocol) senior test engineer will work as part of a team to support PACS business unit core activities by designing, planning and performing protocol, hardware and interoperability tests on OSDP enabled PAC Systems and their components. You will also help drive system quality improvements across HID OSDP solutions. This position works cross-functionally with the PACS core teams to realize product/system improvements which resolve in-field product issues and improve Quality.
In addition, will support PACS core in validating robustness of both HID and 3rd party OSDP systems and their components. Leads the design and development of interoperability test infrastructure (Test lab, tools, equipment, etc.) to support the above.
He or she will reinforce the adoption of OSDP as a defined standard across the business and will participate in the OSDP working group meetings and available to attend OSDP events like plugfests.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 7 years of hardware/software quality assurance experience. You must be able to communicate clearly, demonstrate an investigative nature and be able to assess a situation or a set of conditions and determine a course of action quickly and effectively. You should be a self-starter who can work closely with the development team to discover, report and validate fixes for issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with functional and regression testing.
- Experience with test planning and test case development.
- Windows and Linux O/S knowledge including performance monitoring and network topologies.
- 7+ years of practical Hardware/Software QA Engineering experience with Windows/Linux-based applications required.
- Strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Development experience in some of the following languages C, Java, C++, C#.
- Experience in creating Software automation testing harnesses/utilities.
- Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system.
- Ability to produce test results in a manner that is clear and concise to management and customers
- Experience with white, gray, and black box testing techniques and methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to articulate quality assurance practices.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision with set priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with short-term deadlines.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science required or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Physical Access Control Systems is a tremendous benefit.
- Test lab and test bed development and maintenance.
- Experience testing embedded applications.
- Good understanding of networking and ability to configure devices to connect on the network
- Familiarity with serial communications (RS-232, RS-485)
- Experience setting up and utilizing virtual machines
- Team lead or supervisory experience is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
- Sense of Urgency
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.