HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
The OSDP test engineer will support PACS core activities by planning and performing protocol and interoperability tests on OSDP enabled PAC systems.
You will collaborate with other engineering teams within the PACS business unit to realize product/system improvements which resolve in-field product issues and improve quality.
This position reports to the Senior Test Engineer and supports by executing test plans which validate robustness of both HID and 3rd party OSDP systems and their components.
He or she will assists in the design and development of interoperability test infrastructure to support the above.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in electrical engineer, computer engineering, or computer science and 3-5 years of hardware/software quality assurance experience. You must be able to communicate clearly, demonstrate an investigative nature and be able to assess a situation or a set of conditions and determine a course of action quickly and effectively. You should be a self-starter who can work closely with the development team to discover, report and validate fixes for issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with functional and regression testing.
- Experience with test planning and test case development.
- Windows and Linux O/S knowledge including performance monitoring and network topologies.
- Experience with serial (RS-232, RS-485) communications and protocols desired.
- 3+ years of practical Software/Hardware QA Engineering experience with Windows/Linux-based applications required.
- Strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system.
- Ability to document test results in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with black box testing techniques and methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to articulate quality assurance practices.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision with set priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with short-term deadlines.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, or Computer Science required or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Physical Access Control Systems is a tremendous benefit.
- Test lab and test bed development and maintenance.
- Experience testing embedded applications.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
- Sense of Urgency
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org,to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.