This position provides advanced level professional work to direct, plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and monitor a comprehensive safety, health, and risk management program for our production foundry so that the number and severity of employee accidents is reduced. Must meet required compliance with local, state, and federal standards, laws and rules. Our programs are developed to promote employee health and safety and workers compensation costs are contained. This position serves as a leader responsible for the provisions of complex on-site safety and health direction and to provide specialized expertise as required. Qualifications:
Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or highly related field.
Plus three years of professional safety/ industrial hygiene/ occupational health experience within a production facility.
To be creditable, this experience should demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state occupational safety and health rules and regulations, cumulative trauma injury prevention, ergonomics, techniques of injury prevention and hazard evaluation.
- A basic understanding of industrial hygiene.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Leadership skills sufficient to effectively facilitate meetings and bring groups and committees to productive and solutions-focused conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify occupational safety and health problems and to develop, support and implement solutions.
Carley Foundry, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.