HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
HID Global is embarking on a Global Analytics Platform (GAP) program built on the Oracle tool set with a strong Data Governance foundation designed to provide HID with MDM capability and platform fit to power the future. The Global Analytics Platform's MDM track will utilize the following Oracle tools: Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service (EDMCS), Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ), Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management (OEMM), and Identity Cloud Services (IDCS). The successful MDM Developer Architect will be responsible for managing critical data within HID and promoting best practice within the organization. The MDM Developer will keep abreast of merging trends and functionality and be a highly accomplished communicator; able to communicate at all levels, with all stakeholders across multiple business areas and functions. The successful MDM Developer Architect will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the MDM solutions that turn data into knowledge and insights.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Design, build and deploy business MDM and analytics solutions
- Undertake rigorous testing to ensure quality and accuracy
- Maintain business MDM platforms
- Critically evaluate integration methods and architecture and collaborate with the central BI and Governance teams to design, document and develop the Analytics integration platforms
- Support and collaborate with the central analytics team, including BI & ETL Developers and the Data Governance team
- Input to and advocate Data Governance Best Practices & Policies
- Actively pursue data management efficiencies across the organization, with particular focus in the first instance to improving Acquisition integration of data
- Define and fine-tune processes for Master Data Management, Metadata Management and Reference Data Management
- Administration and configuration, including rules and workflow, for the Oracle Suite of Data Governance tools: EDMCS, EDQ, OEMM
- Configure source connections for EDMCS, along with rules and exporting to source where required and approved by workflow
- Create source connections and harvest metadata for lineage impact analysis and for data definition and capturing definitions for metadata using OEMM
- Configure data quality rules and triage/troubleshoot issues that arise on EDQ
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Troubleshooting and defect resolution
- Collaborate with teams for system integrations
- Drive delivery of application features to successful completion by coordinating resources and timetables of resources and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews
- Prepare and distribute progress reports
- Adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
- Guide in the design, development, testing and deployment of new business functionality and enhancements
- Provide guidance on how technology solutions could help solve business and technical problems, evolve existing business capabilities, and enable new business capabilities
- Ensure technical documentation is created and updated
- Provide implementation oversight, support, including testing of new features, interfaces, and other system changes
- Ensure adherence to internal service management, ITIL guidelines and internal SLAs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 8 years of proven experience working with MDM products
- At least 5 years of experience working as an MDM developer
- Must have exposure to Oracle Analytics and MDM technical stack including OIDCS, EDMCS, EDQ, OEMM, IDCS
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Experience in enterprise applications and technologies, in the following technologies preferably in order of priority: Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2, Oracle Databases, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Medallia
- Solid understanding of Data Governance frameworks, tools and concepts
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl and Bash
- Experience in delivering following the Agile methodology
- Ability to multi-task and work in a pressurized environment
- Experience in building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Experience in applications integration to other third party applications
- Experience in generating process maps for front-end related business processes
- Ability to articulate to stakeholders the value of recommended approaches and solutions
- Ability to translate between technical and business language and to explain concepts and complex topics in relatively simple terms
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, information systems or demonstrated equivalent education and relevant work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of IT specific experience in the MDM space
- At least 3 years of IT specific experience related to analysis, development, testing, or equivalent experience acquired by serving as a key business SME on IT initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of knowledge and experience working on enterprise applications
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in the Oracle MDM applications EDMCS, EDQ, OEMM
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire, a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.