In this exciting and challenging role within Care Services Business Enablement and Technology team, the Director, Reliability Engineering will lead a team to improve technology efficiency, effectiveness, and quality. This role will help to align technology service delivery with business operational requirements.
Positions in this family are involved in management and administration of multiple IT Functions, or managing general operations which are not specific to one IT Function. - Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff.
Define critical technology services and their components including applications, infrastructure, vendors, etc. (in AND out of Care Services)
Define service levels and other performance requirements for those services
Monitor and assess end to end performance on these services
Develop and execute action plans to address and performance issues
Communicate high-priority incidents, operating issues, incident/change summaries, and focused service reviews
Identify areas of business risk and process improvement: DR, BCP, PLM, audit, vendors
Lead cross-functional reliability events: application deep dives, Peak Season, audits
Drive best practices into software engineering including but not limited to agile, automation, quality, process improvements
Bring reliability investment ideas to be included in technology roadmap
Share information related to Care Services business and technology strategy across the appropriate groups
Lead external technology initiatives for Care Services (smart cards, Windows 10 upgrade, etc.)
Execute segment-based project activities (e.g. PLM, macros, desktop updates)
Set the reliability engineering strategy, identifying and nurturing the right talent to succeed in these exciting and challenging roles
Collaborate with peers in BET to achieve goals
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years technology leadership experience
- +5 years of experience in the delivery of technology solutions and understanding business requirements.
- Previous experience working with SSIS, ETL, MS SQL, .Net or Java technologies
- Exposure to monitoring tools like: Dyna Trace, HP SiteScope
- Experience ITIL/ITSM (IT Service Management) environment
- Demonstrated success in leveraging technology to meet business objectives
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with executives (including C-level) and key business partners to drive a change agenda
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- Experience working in a large, matrixed and geographically spread environment
- Results oriented with a high level of emotional intelligence, strong communication and interpersonal skills, outstanding collaboration, strong influence and consensus building
- Ability to translate and communicate technology concepts to non-technical employees.
- Working knowledge of how business and IT interact and operate together.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare, Insurance or Financial Services industry
- Exposure to managing $10+ million budget
- Exposure to managing helpdesk teams
- Experience managing Service Support and Maintenance operations (SSMO)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Technology, Software engineering, Optum, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Columbia, MD, Maryland