Ziegler CAT has an opening for a Building Maintenance/Boiler Operator. A Building Maintenance/Boiler Operator does various jobs and duties around the company to keep the buildings and facilities in proper working order. Tasks may include maintaining boilers and equipment, preventative maintenance and repairs to plumbing, HVAC, interior and exterior lighting, mowing and any other miscellaneous duties.
Qualified applicants are eligible for a $2,000 Signing Bonus!
- Inspect and monitor plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and lighting systems within metro facilities
- Handles preventative HVAC maintenance, such as charging AC units, repairing and replacing filters and belts
- Perform standard general maintenance work, such as repairing and replacing filters, changing lightbulbs, and assisting higher level maintenance personnel on jobs
- Perform an inventory of tools and equipment to maintain sufficient stock levels, while informing a supervisor of noticeable stock inconsistencies
- File paper reports or log requests in Znet for preventative maintenance performed and any significant required repair or replacement work
- Respond to phone requests regarding general maintenance, HVAC, lighting, and plumbing concerns from maintenance management, branch managers, and service staff
- Perform seasonal preventative maintenance walkthroughs of facilities to determine potential repairs needed
- Assists in snow removal of lots, sidewalks, and entryways during winter months
- 2 year degree preferred; High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years maintenance experience
- 1-2 years HVAC experience required
- 1st Class C Boiler's License required
- Refrigeration license strongly preferred
- General knowledge of safety practices for maintenance jobs
- Clean driving record required
- Personal Attributes: Attention to Detail, Efficiency, Problem Solving, Commitment/Dependability, Planning and Organization
- This role is deemed safety-sensitive and will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement
Up to 10% travel
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 25 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, fingering/grasping - able to use a bolt box.
- Able to drive long distances (within Ziegler territory primarily)
- Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be moderate at times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.