The Account Director (AD) has primary responsibility for aggressively capturing market share from new business development and new business within existing accounts within an assigned region. The AD possesses the necessary skills to market and sell PDS key solutions including, but not limited to Data Center Technology (DCT), Managed Services and Professional Services.
Reports To: Regional Vice President of Sales
Peers: Account Directors
Direct Reports: None
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build a viable sales pipeline and ultimately achieves the sales targets and expected material margins for business development of top prospects
- Meet/exceed financial commitments in terms of material margin, revenue quota and forecasting accuracy
- Take the lead on team selling approach with customer and prospects, developing and implementing a formal account strategy
- Own the entire sales process (excluding quoting opportunities in Channel OnLine)
- Develop strategic relationships with customers, at all levels of decision makers, driving both business and IT outcomes
- Gain a complete and thorough understanding of each target customer's business model and related organizational structure to assist in identifying unique needs
- Priority selling focus on DCT products and services, Security products and services, and Managed/Support services
- Responsible for consistent growth in client base, revenues and margin year-over-year
- Collaborate with other Account Directors, horizontal service delivery groups, and other support functions within PDS to maximize productivity
- Accurately track and forecast revenue within PDS tool sets and deadlines
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of accounts, partner base and competition, and accurately report these within PDS CRM
- Balance customer needs with organization priorities
- Customer Advocacy
- Establish winning relationships with PDS partners
- Seek on-going self-education in the areas of PDS business lines and builds/maintains strong business acumen and deep knowledge of industry-specific trends, practices and IT needs
- Meet sales/technical certification requirements
- Partner with and provide mentorship to Inside Sales Representatives and Account Managers to build strong client relationships, maximize sales potential and foster career development potential.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Job Related Experience:
- 3+ years of successful technology sales experience either in direct selling or sales support
- Proven track record of quota attainment
- Successful account/product strategy and on-going negotiations with customers
- Proven success in generating net new business
- Demonstrated ability to learn new and advanced technologies
- Ability to coordinate and present proposals and sales material
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Sales depth within technical areas of server, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, security
- Sales depth in workflow and value of MRR related services
- Financial based selling (especially related to MRR services)
- Negotiation skills
- Sales Process Management
- Relationship Management at all levels, including C-Suite
- Understands and follows internal processes and procedures
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Minimal overnight/out of state travel.
PDS is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.