- Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Information Science) preferred.
- Additional education and certifications are preferred.
- Related Experience
- 8 - 10 years related experience with IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, Ethernet Transport, VoIP, IP Telephony, VPN, Security, 802.11 Wi-Fi, Remote Access, Triple-play (Voice/Video/Data), IGMP, ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL, VDSL2+, Vectoring, Gfast, GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2, Active Ethernet, fiber optics, DWDM, SNMP, OMCI. Experience may have been gained concurrently.
- Linux -- CentOS / Red Hat / Ubuntu
- Hypervisors -- KVM / VirtualBox / VMware
- IPv4 and IPv6
- OSI Model
- BNG / BRAS
- Metro Ethernet
- Pre-sales technical support experience required.
- Project management experience preferred
- ONF OCSE and/or ONF OCSA or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) or equivalent experience / training required.
- Advanced Technology Support Program (ATSP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) is preferred.
- Metro-Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) or equivalent experience / training required.
- Willingness and ability to travel -- up to 80% travel required
- Location will be Home Office MN/IA/ND/SD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management, and team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
- Knowledge of SDN Architecture and Ecosystem
- Knowledge of OpenFlow Protocol, Agents, and Controllers
- Knowledge of disaggregated solutions -- Spine / Leaf Architecture and design
- Strong presentation skills
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Spine / Leaf Architecture
- SDN Architecture and Ecosystem
- Knowledge of IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, Ethernet Transport, VoIP, IP Telephony, VPN, Security, 802.11 Wi-Fi, Remote Access, Triple-play (Voice/Video/Data), IGMP, ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL, VDSL2+, Vectoring, Gfast, GPON, Active Ethernet, fiber optics, PMA, SDN, NFV, ONOS, NETCONF, YANG, OpenFlow, SNMP, OMCI, and Linux. Experience may been have been gained concurrently.
- Knowledge of voice, video, and data networks and applications.
- Additional knowledge of relevant solution sets, product specifications, performance criteria and end user applications used by major US carriers.
- Competitive knowledge including solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Ability to understand and quickly become conversant about company, solutions, and products.
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot networks required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Extensive travel possible but not guaranteed: 80% or more out of office, 60% or more overnight stays.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
ADTRAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by Develop and perform technical sales-oriented presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.