HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
As our company continues to grow and learn how to stay competitive in an ever faster changing environment, it is crucial for our long-term success that we create a sustainable culture of agility within our R&D organization with the ability to embrace constant change and move toward common long term targets. We are seeking an individual who has the skill of influencing people at all levels of an organization. This person should be a relentless self-motivator with the determination, organization skill, and energy to manage change on a global level. This person should be familiar with and have experience in agile project management (i.e. SCRUM, SAFe, or like) and also have a strong familiarity with common tools for project management such as JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage improvement activities across multiple global Engineering sites.
- Be able to both teach and coach project teams to effectively use agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum or SAFe) that result in positive outcomes in project execution.
- Accountable for continuously improving the rigor of effective and consistent project management practice and grow the maturity of agile ways of working.
- Teach and coach effective design for risk methodologies that improves development teams' ability to uncover and effectively mitigate unknowns early and continuously within the development cycle.
- Be able to assess the use of process automation tools and be able to identify areas of improvement.
- Alignment of measurement systems, metrics, strategic goals and customer experience.
- Reinforce the adoption of the Product Innovation Process across the company and initiate improvement opportunities in the overall process where needed.
- Improve governance processes and visual controls.
- Assist in process documentation.
- Facilitate internal audits and assessments.
- Bring new and innovative ideas on how the overall R&D organization can improve to meet on time delivery and shorter cycle times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 8+ years of experience project managing agile teams in Scrum or preferable Scaled Agile Frameworks.
- 5+ years in effective coaching individuals and teams in Lean Development and Agile ways of working.
- Experience in using, teaching, and coaching effective Risk Based Design methodologies.
- Experience in developing effective training materials and approach that has resulted in improved knowledge and skill sets.
- Experience in process automation tools.
- Experience in facilitation and coaching of cross functional teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated application of lean principles and the scientific method to problem solving.
- Experience as instructor / trainer.
- A proven track record of delivering tangible cost savings and/or process improvements that create a better customer experience.
- Undergraduate degree required, science/engineering preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Be able to create and deliver clear and informative presentations to a wide audience (from shop floor through senior executives).
- Must be able to connect with people at all levels and all parts of the organization in order to influence, gain trust, and facilitate change.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient with Project Management tools (ex. Oracle Agile PLM, Confluence, Jira)
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.