HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit .
Lumidigm, part of HID Global, is looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to join a tightly integrated biometric technology product-based organization developing global biometric authentication solutions for government, banking and healthcare sectors.
The role of the Software Engineer will be to help architect, design, and develop software development kits, applications, documentation and installation packages, and design and manufacturing verification test suites. The qualified candidate will provide team leadership and expert technical knowledge for various product portfolios, manufacturing, innovation projects, customer education, and management support functions.
The Software Development team is looking for a self-starting, high performing, well rounded candidate with personal initiative and drive to excel in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Participate in the product innovation and development process
- Quickly develop proof-of-concepts and early prototypes
- Design, Development, and Implement Commercial Grade Software Packages
- Work in a collaborative Visual Development Environment using Agile Methodology
- Work with Cross Functional Engineering and Technology Development Teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 3+ years professional experience designing and developing modern commercial software systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Related Field
- Advanced degree desirable
- Expert Language Knowledge C/C++, multithreaded architectures, driver level experience a plus.
- OS Knowledge Windows, Linux
- Android OS Mobile is a plus, but not required
- Data Definition Languages such as XML, ASM.1, JSON
- Experience with Source Code Control Systems, Automated Build Processes, Bug Tracking, Automated unit testing environments
- Biometrics and/or Image/Signal Processing a plus
- Applied Cryptography Techniques a strong plus
- Agile/Scrum/Lean a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, Android etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at email@example.com, to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.