Packaging and Assembly Associate
Location: St. Paul, MN
is hiring a Packaging and Assembly Associate. This role is very critical to our company This position is located on the production floor and it is a fun role for the right person, who enjoys being busy!Work Conditions
Best Candidates Will Possess these skills
- Pack or package by hand a wide variety of products and materials
- Requires your physical strength and endurance (manual labor)
- The normal shifts are 8 hours long, Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM or 2:30 to 11:00 PM, plus overtime as needed
- Standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, crouching, bending and twisting
- Counting, reading, following written directions, strong attention to detail is required
- Basic math and units of measurement
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must work at a face pace with strict deadlines
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate themselves as a strong team player that cares about the quality of their work
- Must be able to come to work on-time and prepared to do their job
- Attention to detail and basic math skills needed
- Possess basic math skills, understands units of measurement
- Understands basic computer functions as it relates to email, job requisitions, orders, inventory, documenting notes and using spread sheets like MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records
- Examine and inspect materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials
- Mark and label materials, or products, using marking tools
- Remove completed or defective products or materials in specified areas
- Prepare daily time accountability
- Practice safe working habits as trained
- Must secure help if item to be lifted or carried exceeds weights given
- Transport packages to loading areas
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area
- Perform light assembly as required
- Perform other tasks as requested by the group leader
We have over 16 benefits available from The Vomela Companies, some of them include:
Any employee who works at least 30 hours per week will be eligible to receive seven company provided benefits, may choose up to nine elected benefits, and have access to other fringe benefits such as discounts for select cellular phone providers and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Company Provided Benefits
Basic Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability (LTD), accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Emergency Travel Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and *Paid Holidays.
* 64 hours of holiday pay per year after 90 days of service
Health Benefit Plans*, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)*, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*, Dental, Vision*, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD), Commuter Benefits* and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.