Opportunity awaits at Lennar for a Construction Manager!
Lennar, one of America's leading homebuilders, is currently seeking an experienced Construction Manager who is motivated, organized, a self-starter with a strong construction background, good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all Associates, Business Partners and Government Agency Representatives If you want to work for a great Company with advancement opportunities, please apply today!!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities in accordance with BuildPro job schedules and business partner signed scopes of work.
- Utilize BuildPro for trade partner scheduling, notification and invoice approval.
- Inspects and ensures that work is in compliance with governmental requirements/building codes and is completed per the approved architectural plans.
- Ensure all work performed by Trader Partner meets/exceeds Lennar's quality standards.
- Plan and schedule all construction activities on homes from pre-construction activity to QA completion.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings and New Home Orientation/ TLC Walks with customer.
- Responsible to deliver a "Zero Defect" home at time of New Home Orientation and obtain full customer sign off prior to Close of Escrow.
- Manage and maintain completed inventory homes, models and Welcome Home Centers.
- Oversee the construction, inspection and scheduling of the entire home to ensure the home is completed within the allotted cycle time.
- Accountable to manage and minimize base home extra costs (EPOs).
- Provide trade partner feedback to the immediate supervisor concerning the trade partner's overall performance.
- Maintain records of all change orders, purchase orders and inspections in assigned community.
- Complete all trade partner POs in BuildPro upon satisfactory completion of work and validate all material deliveries for quantity and condition.
- Walk assigned homes twice a day at a minimum.
- Ensure timeliness when processing trade partner invoices.
- Ensure job site cleanliness, Safety and SWPPP compliance as required by State & Federal guidelines as well as Lennar Policy.
- Manage Field Expenses within budget while ensuring regulatory compliance and community appearance.
- Maintain safety logs and weekly SWPPP Inspection Reports.
- Perform weekly documented SWPPP and Safety Inspections as required by County, State & Federal guidelines and Lennar Policy. Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
- Able to manage a high volume of homes
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in residential construction management required
- Relevant Management experience desired
- Must possess organization skills by keeping daily schedules current; maintaining a timely and accurate flow of paperwork
- Possess good time management skills. For example; be able to handle a wide variety of tasks and demands in a timely manner
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Associate is prohibited from performing manual repairs/customer care work
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word and Excel)
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints