PURPOSE: To provide exceptional guest service to all guests at Mall of America. To maintain welcoming and inviting attractions via cleaning, open communication, and other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide outstanding guest service by greeting and conversing with guests and determining their needs; in a courteous and polite manner.
- Assist guests with product, ticket, and general questions concerning Mall of America, Nickelodeon Universe and the local region.
- Maintain specific product area as determined by supervisory team.
- Understand the tickets and products carried, their features, options, and benefits, as well as the branding of Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America.
- Understand ticket options for each attraction as advertised.
- Manage the queue efficiently using provided training and resources.
- Clean, organize, and maintain your workspace.
- Restock retail displays as needed.
- Oversee safety and cleanliness of locations assigned.
- Follow all operational procedures as written in the SOP.
- Operating special attractions as trained to ensure safety and a positive guest experience.
- Conduct guest screening to ensure safety standards are upheld.
- Utilize and maintain loss prevention procedures for both product and currency.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions and discounts.
- Utilize suggestive selling techniques; upsell items to raise the average dollar per transaction and increase sales.
- Recommend, select, and assist in appropriate admission purchase based on guests' needs and questions.
- Efficiently utilize the point of sale system to ring and count funds accurately and timely while following established cash handling procedures.
- Explain and enforce ticket policies for Nickelodeon Universe and other attractions.
- May provide support in other work areas as needed.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Outstanding guest service skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests, both internal and external.
- Basic math skills.
- Understanding of USD currency.
- Point of sale experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills -- working alone and with a team.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand/walk -- frequently, 90%
- Sitting -- occasionally, 30%
- Kneel - occasionally, 30%
- Bend -- occasionally, 30%
- Reach at or above shoulder level -- occasionally, 30%
- Reach at or below shoulder level -- frequently, 60%
- Handle large items such as boxes and packages -- occasionally, 30%
- Perform repetitive motion, including keyboarding -- occasionally, 30%
- Stoop/squat -- occasionally, 40%
- Lift/Carry up to 10 lbs -- Occasionally, 30%
- Lift up to 30lbs --occasionally, 30%
- Lift up to 50 lbs -- infrequently, 10%
Pay type: Hourly