Determines the monetary value of merchandise, property, or business assets for a company, including real estate and other assets.
- Perform detailed inspections on property to determine value, factoring in dates, quality, and age of property.
- Inspect for faulty plumbing, windows, and cracked or sagging foundation.
- Check roofs for leaks and sustainability.
- Use data such as incorporating cost, market and income approaches to property valuation.
- Produce written appraisals for clients, government agencies, or companies
- Compile research in detailed reports
- Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and its actual state.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem coherently and provide precautionary advice before a purchase
- Work on a client-to-client basis, making appraisals for a variety of reasons.
- Examine additions to house or building to determine updated value.
- Recommend repairs and estimate the cost of repairs.
- Compare value of house to comparative homes to determine appraisal value.
- Recommend if house is suitable for purchase or if demolition is an appropriate action.
- Work with the city to determine property lines and whether existing structures can be expanded.