Responsible for assisting electricians with installing and maintaining electrical and power systems. Works at construction sites, factories, businesses, and residences.
- Assist in installing electrical systems, either below 40,000 watts or above.
- Install sound systems, security systems and voice and data systems.
- Install lighting, electrical outlets, and circuit breakers.
- Thread conduit ends and connect couplings and conduit fittings using wrench.
- Secure brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pull wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals.
- Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers.
- Replace faulty circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
- Replace old fuse boxes.
- Hook up appliances for power.
- Install new lighting and ceiling fans.
- Repair motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots.
- Consult with engineers, engineering technicians, line installers and repairers, or industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers when performing installations.
- Rewire homes and businesses.
- Assist in home inspections.