Responsible for performing experiments in an agricultural laboratory. Maintains laboratory, conducts experiments, assists scientists, and records data.
- Collect crop samples for analysis.
- Record data from experiments.
- Perform research.
- Care for animals within laboratory.
- Take soil samples and check for nutrients.
- Check pH of soil.
- Clean, maintain, and supervise the use of testing equipment.
- Prepare culture media.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, and analyses that include results, charts, and graphs in order to document research findings and results.
- Operate spectrometers, nitrogen determination apparatus, air samplers, centrifuges, and pH meters.
- Store samples so nothing gets contaminated.
- Care for livestock by providing food, water, and baths.
- Plant seeds.
- Count resulting plants to determine percentage of seeds germinated.
- Oversee pest or weed control initiatives.
- Check plants for disease.
- Identify pests or fungus plaguing plants.
- Propagate standard varieties of plant materials.
- Collect and germinate seeds.
- Conduct insect surveys.
- Apply chemicals using proven methods.
- Train operators.
- Maintain cuttings of plants.
- Control environmental conditions.
- Till, hoe, prune, weed, and harvest crops.
- Clean, maintain, and repair tools.
- Operate tractors, plows, combines, mowers, spayers, earthmoving equipment, and trucks.