The Budget and Finance Manager will oversee the budget and finances of management services and co-owned corporations.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Hires and trains new employees in the Accounting Department.
- Supervises and manages the Accounting Department assignments and priorities.
- Assigns financial responsibilities in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Prepares corporate financial statements in a timely fashion for the multi company operations.
- Creates and maintains a series of financial controls and procedures for the Accounting Department.
- Conducts periodic audits of budget items, including comparing per diems to actual expense, hours billed to hours compensated by customer, hours logged in payroll to hours compensated and other budget to actual comparisons.
- Provides relevant financial information to the CEO and Executive Management Team.
- Oversees and takes responsibility for all financial procedures and records.
- Maintains multi corporate checking accounts and invoices.
- Responsible for various ledgers including cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, and journal entries to adjust the general ledger.
- Generates monthly reports including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report and balance sheet audits.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to create and manage corporate budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide accounting services as detailed in management agreement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as budget creation and analysis software.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices and policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance with a minimum of 10 years experience; OR a relevant Master's degree with 5 years in Finance Management role.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at a time.