Position Title: SVP - Market Manager Commercial Banking (Candidates must be local to the Twin Cities market)
Reports To: President/CEO
Revised: July 27, 2022
Establish goals, develop action plans to meet or exceed goals for commercial bankers and credit team. Monitor for results and coaches for improved performance. Actively calls on businesses and centers of influence. Manage a loan and deposit portfolio. Prepare and administer performance reviews. Recruit, hire, train, and develops colleagues. Comply with lending authority and consistently adhere to credit policy and procedures. Initiate new business opportunities for the bank through the development of prospects, centers of influence and by providing excellent service to existing client relationships. Actively participate in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the bank.
- Manage commercial relationship managers and credit staff.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to relationship managers, loan operations and credit analyst staff to maximize loan growth opportunities while maintaining a strong credit portfolio.
- Source new banking clients and identify new initiatives to support the bank's revenue goals.
- Maintain a loan and deposit portfolio.
- Review and analyze all new loans, renewals, and annual reviews prior to submitting for final approval.
- Enhance relationship with bank clients to ensure all clients have a strong secondary contact point.
- Maintain knowledge of loan structuring for commercial, industrial, SBA and real estate lending. Establish and negotiate, where necessary, terms under which the credit could be structured, including the costs, repayment methods and collateral requirements
- Oversight on all risked based duties, accountabilities and projects as assigned, including all and watch list.
- Initiate and lead the process for any recommendations that will require legal actions.
- Review and maintain loan policy with credit manager, L & D and Sr. Management. Implement best practices from independent loan review, state/fed.
- Exams and loan compliance
- Actively participate and present to loan committee.
- Oversight and approval of all daily overdrafts.
- Work in conjunction with credit manager with respect to problem loan administration and delinquency control.
- Work closely with lending staff to resolve and/or collect problem loans.
- Mentor Team members and develop career paths to achieve their long-term goals.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for team members.
- Stay up to date on local market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Approve timecards, vacation requests and expense reports for Team members.
- Input activity in SalesForce.
- Sandler Leadership Training.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong sales, communication and motivational skills.
- Must have proven success sourcing and originating new clients and mentoring junior business development staff.
- Demonstrated supervising, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible; ability adjust schedule to meet workflow priorities.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- Ten or more years of lending or examining experience.
- Five or more years of managing a lending team
- Working knowledge of loan documentation.
- Business degree in finance or accounting, advanced degree preferred.
Environment and Physical Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work requires the exertion of lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds intermittently; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires walking and reaching with hands and arms and occasionally requires standing, kneeling, stooping, crouching or crawling; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- No personal protective equipment required.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment with standard office equipment and furnishings available. Occasionally, may be required to attend off-site training and perform site visits.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.