The Calibration Technician tests and calibrates controlling, indicating, and measuring instruments and devices to ensure specified operating performance, using hand tools, testing and calibrating instruments and equipment, and precision measuring instruments. ]]>
* Reads quality control manual and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
* Observes readings on meters and gauges, and other displays and performance of device or instrument to identify functional defects and determine calibration requirements.
* Adjusts calibration mechanisms to obtain specified operational performance of device or instrument using hand tools and precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment.
* Applies sealing compound on calibration mechanism to prevent readjustment of settings and loss of calibration.
* Rejects malfunctioning devices and routes devices to specified department for rework or salvaging of parts.
* Determine and build proper gage necessary to inspect blueprint characteristics.
* Maintains gage calibration and tracking system.
* May disassemble instrument or device to determine cause of defective operation and notify supervisory personnel of findings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reliable attendance is required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED
* 2 years of related experience
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Problem solving skills
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* 3+ years of related experience
* ASQ Certified Calibration Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records