Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 40,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 650 client companies at 180 stations in 38 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Consider being a part of an organization that has earned recognition as Air Cargo Handling Agent of the Year for consecutive years in a row and has been rewarded Ground Handling Agent of the Year and received the Cargo Africa Award for the second time in a row. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience.”
To service and maintain, keeping in good order all Ground Service Equipment at this SP station. To keep SP Ramp and other SP service agency’s with safe and reliable equipment that meets all local and governing laws.
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non motorized
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment if GSE Manager deems necessary
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment to SP standards as required
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, federal and SP requirements
- Comply with all federal, provincial, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for both air side / non airside in good standing at all times
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by WCB, EPA, WHIMIS, and SP management
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Will liaison with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Valid driver's license
- Have certification of completion in one of the following trades: Heavy duty/Commercial or Automotive mechanic license. Certification must be kept in good standing
- Knowledge of computer maintenance program, Maximo and Microsoft Office
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel when necessary for training or to assist other SP stations with GSE needs as required
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.