TITLE: Senior Interior Designer - Brand Environments
REPORTS TO: Creative Director; Assortment and Visual Merchandising
ABOUT US: Blu Dot (www.bludot.com) is an innovative, modern home furnishings company based in Minneapolis. The environment is dynamic and creative and the perfect fit for someone interested in making a meaningful contribution to a fast-growing, successful company.
Inspire a more creative way of living through good design that's good to everyone.
- Good design is good. Good design should be reflected in everything we do.
- Keep it simple. Strive for economy in all that you do.
- Everyone is invited to our party. Treat every individual with respect & dignity.
- Our glass is half full. Focus on the positive.
- Be humble. We take nothing for granted.
- Turn it up to 11. Determine what is expected and do a little more.
- Stay curious. Try, learn, improve, repeat.
ABOUT THE ROLE: As Senior Interior Designer - Brand Environments you will help to lead, develop, and assist a team of Interior Designers, and Jr. Interior Designers, by providing interiors, merchandising and planning direction to our multiple stores and Blu Dot brand environments, under the direction of our Creative Director; Assortment and Visual Merchandising.
- Work with Creative Director, Director of Architecture & Construction on New Store developments and designs
- Translate and lead our merchandising and pairing directives to our Interior Designers for all retail locations on the bi-annual store resets and major product launches
- Help to direct and create innovative store experiences and merchandising directives for our existing stores, our new stores in development and Blu Dot brand environments.
- Work closely with our teams in Marketing, Trade and Contract, Wholesale and Stores to keep a consistent and cohesive visual brand identity
- Manage timelines of our bi-annual floor refreshes and major product launches within our stores
- Lead and develop a team of Interior Designers and Jr. Interior Designers creating innovative and beautiful environments in our stores and for our distinctive brand environments
- Continue to develop new, innovative, and inspirational experiences for our customers
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience in related field (Interior Design, Architecture)
- Required ability to use drafting software; AutoCAD, SketchUp and/or Revit
- Be highly proficient at leading and completing projects independently, efficiently and on-time
- Willingness to learn and design within the Blu Dot brand identity
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in Microsoft OS and Adobe CS
- A self-starter with strong organization skills, detail, and process oriented and amazing multi-tasking abilities
- Team player who is able to lead and develop a team of Interior Designers
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience collaborating on projects with Architects and Contractors
- Ability to lift and move heavy furniture and accessories
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally