Bachman's was founded in 1885 and remains a family-owned business, with fifth-generation Bachman family members leading the company today. Bachman's operates six full-service Floral, Gift & Garden Centers throughout the Twin Cities, a shop in the Galleria, a Hardscapes Center in Farmington, and 28 floral departments within Lunds & Byerlys grocery stores. Additionally, Bachman's operates indoor and outdoor landscaping divisions, a weddings and special events department, a wholesale nursery division, seven acres of greenhouses, and a 670-acre growing range in Lakeville, Minn., which produces many of the plants, flowers, and landscaping products sold by Bachman's today.
- Schedule and follow through on all floral specialties appointments, leads and new business. Increase department profitability through new business and working with team on pricing, trends and new ideas.
- Designing and filling daily orders. Do prep work for current or future projects.
- Coordinate timely delivery of wedding/special event flowers, set-ups and servicing.
- Work with floral buyer/supervisor, weddings and special events to obtain and order flowers and supplies needed.
- Monitor design quality and pricing, answer questions about orders. Ensure the design concept is accurately being produced based on the concept that was sold. Provide input to management concerning potential problems with production, product or productivity
- Fill in for Supervisor when needed or scheduled.
- Develop best practices for selling and renting floral specialties products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of weddings and special event floral designs, products and techniques. Designer IV level.
- Sales and pricing experience with weddings and special events.
- Ability to inform staff on all services mentioned above and organize to accomplish goals within time limits and foster teamwork.
- Ability to clearly articulate a look or concept for other designers to produce.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to write/edit professional proposals.
- Experience on meeting financial goals for sales and productivity.
- Skilled on computers and the ability to do invoicing, billing and planning electronically.
- Valid Minnesota driver's license and ability to be insurable by Bachman's insurance.
- Monday- Friday, Saturdays as needed for wedding consultations and set ups.
Bachman's is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR