We build more than buildings. We are building greatness, in both our projects and our people. The combination of our people, culture, and unique project delivery approach truly differentiates us - it's why our associates come here, and why they stay. Team Opus associates collaborate to advance our client goals, our communities, and their careers. At Opus you have an unmatched opportunity with a growing, industry leading organization to learn and develop professionally, while having fun along the way. You get to create solutions, forge relationships, and work with industry experts. Our award winning teams are united by one mission, and are driven to deliver impactful results for our clients and communities. If you want to build more, join us at Opus.
We value our associates and the time they spend building more with us. We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits aimed at supporting them in and out of the workplace, including:
- Healthcare, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan and immediate company match
- Student loan payback program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays, including a birthday holiday
- Community time off
- Caregiver leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid licensures and professional memberships
This position is responsible for the administration of all phases of project documentation through all disciplines and may be working on multiple projects concurrently. The incumbent should have a thorough knowledge in all phases of architecture, including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specifications, building codes, building materials and construction procedures. This position requires extensive experience in the engineering disciplines. Familiarity with office policies and sound techniques of personnel supervision as well as personnel management are require
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General office Administration and Management Support
- Work with all Opus Group of Companies to facilitate project staffing, documentation and ordination in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Schedule project commitments to foster effective teamwork and to maximize the skills of the production staff, respecting individuals' current assignments and work load.
- Assist OAE management in supervising, training and motivating staff within the department.
- Maintain and promote company processes, policies and ethics.
Sales Support and Design Proposal Support
- Provide support to project managers in client meetings to obtain client commitment and approval.
- Assist project managers and OAE management in the preparation of client requests, such as RFQs, RFPs and FPPs.
- Assist project managers and design architects with governmental reviews and approvals.
- Assist design architects in the preparation of necessary documents to complete the design proposal process, placing emphasis on code compliance and evaluating project systems.
Architectural Document Preparation
- Use BIM software for projects of a large size and complexity.
- Direct the development of an efficient transition for assigned projects from proposal to contract documents.
- Assist project managers and OAE management with the development and monitoring of project budgets, including special consultant contracts for all assigned projects.
- Direct the development and monitor key milepost activities through all disciplines on assigned projects.
- Develop and assemble project budgets through all disciplines, including consultants for review and approval from OAE management and project managers.
- Monitor budgets of all disciplines on a bi-monthly basis to facilitate adjustments in staffing strategies and revisions to original budget, if warranted.
- Ensure signed contracts/agreements are in place with project managers, clients and special consultants on assigned projects.
- Assist project managers with the city approval processes and identify certification requirements for all disciplines on assigned projects.
- Ensure coordination between all disciplines and outside consultants is carefully addressed through all phases of project development.
- Provide technical input through critiquing and delegating to the appropriate skill level of staff and consultants.
- Work with project managers and design architects to develop alternative systems, materials and details for assigned projects.
- Monitor the shop drawing and revision processes ensuring that work is scheduled and reviewed by appropriate skill level of staff in a timely manner on assigned projects.
- Ensure assistance to project managers and field staff is provided by appropriate project team member for resolving and coordinating field questions and construction problems.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with project managers and clients to enable a more effective problem solving and approval process.
- Work with OAE management to resolve architectural and engineering staffing problems for all assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Review shop drawings.
- Monitor and coordinate all disciplines' project reviews and coordinate documents for technical content and accuracy on assigned projects.
- Ensure project is reviewed for interdisciplinary coordination and consistency.
- Ensure governing city and state codes and ordinances are followed, including OAE's requirement for the Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ensure OAE's testing and inspection plan is established and maintained.
- Ensure project files are purged and stored at the completion of the project.
- Develop, train and provide growth opportunities and recognition to staff.
- Inform management staff of assigned projects' status on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for special non-project assignments as directed by management.
- Provide performance feedback of assigned personnel to appropriate managers.
- Develop productive working relationships with all Opus associates encountered in project activities.
- Develop productive working relationships with consultants and clients encountered in project activities.
- Develop leadership skills for effectively organizing the overall project team and effectively directing architectural production and subordinates.
- Initiate and develop new methods and technologies for departmental use.
- Organize and participate in in-house technical presentations.
- Participate in professional societies and organizations for personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related area and architectural registration
- Ten years' experience in a directly related field with design-build experience preferred and BIM experience preferred
- Revit proficiency required
- Thorough knowledge of architectural practice and construction
- Ability to handle architectural production projects of any size and complexity
- Strong client relations focus, including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Supervisory ability to schedule, prioritize and ensure completion of projects delegated to others, and to train, coordinate and counsel project teams.
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.
Interested parties should apply on our website at
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.