is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated 2,000 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 3,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon's mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
We are seeking an experienced Property Manager with exceptional marketing skills and superior customer services skills to join our team. This dynamic, results-driven professional will enjoy an exciting, fast paced work environment managing an affordable housing apartment community in Minneapolis and will be responsible for the overall performance of the properties. The Property Manager reports directly to the Portfolio Director.
The Property Manager will oversee all matters in the operation of apartment community including, but not limited to, keeping day-to-day operations running smoothly and efficiently, be accountable for the overall profitability of the property by optimizing rental rates and occupancy, direct all site personnel in their duties, and be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical asset. Above all, the Property Manager will ensure all property personnel provide superior customer service to residents while maximizing revenue and minimizing expenses to achieve all annual budget goals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three or more years of recent and consecutive property management experience
- Exceptional marketing skills; including motivation for sales, achieving marketing goals, selling to customer needs, explaining advantages of location and services, showing units, closing skills, and prospecting skills
- Proven track record of preparing, understanding and managing property budgets as well as increasing net operating income
- Excellent communication and ability to maintain positive resident relations resulting in resident retention
- Must possess strong supervisory skills and be able to drive results
- Knowledge of, and ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
- Intermediate navigation and knowledge of computer systems
- Experience using property management software desired but not required
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.