Title: Major Gifts Officer | City: St. Paul | Property: Central Office
Major Gifts Officer
St. Paul, MN
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971.We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond Communities is pleased to announce an opportunity for a full time Major Gifts Officer. This person would be part of a team passionate about the success of CommonBond Communities and its mission provide affordable housing.
* Responsible for planning and implementing individual giving strategies to support the annual fund, events, programs, and capital funding needs.
* Focus on prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of no less than 150 individuals.
* Works in collaboration with the Resource Development team to raise the funds determined each year.
* Develops external relationships with funders to meet the mission of CommonBond Communities.
* Five+ years development/fundraising experience, preferably in major gift work
* Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts, manage a large portfolio and achieve aggressive fundraising goal
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, professional attitude, outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work cooperatively and successfully with others
* Computer literate with Microsoft Office programs and database management experience
* High level of success working independently as well as in a team setting
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities philanthropic community, established relationships with donors a plus
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and details simultaneously
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type data into a computer
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to complete filing
- Ability to travel/access to vehicle
328 W Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN. 55102
CommonBond Communities is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.