|[Position No Longer Available]|
|Position:||Counsel - Compensation and Benefits|
|Job Location(s):||Minneapolis, MN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Experience:||5 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Legal - Attorney, HR - Benefits/Compensation|
|Counsel - Compensation and Benefits|
|Provide legal advice and transaction support to lines of business. This job requires more solid grounding in the law and experience in its application than Associate Counsel. Make recommendations for decision-making and for courses of action that comply with both company and industry practices, while outlining trade-off of business and legal risk. Work under the supervision of Group Counsel.|
|* The position will focus primarily on legal and regulatory matters relating to the Company's incentive compensation, executive, and deferred compensation, retirement and health benefits. Specific responsibilities include:|
* Advising on the design, administration, compliance and tax treatment of qualified (e.g., pension, 401(k)) and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, including familiarity with 409A
* Advising on the design, administration, compliance and tax treatment of incentive compensation plans (cash and equity), including executive compensation arrangements (e.g., stock options, restricted stock awards, performance cash awards). International experience a plus
* Advising on fiduciary issues related to the investments and operations of retirement and health and welfare plans, including advice on fiduciary duties in governance, administration and investment selection
* Advising on compliance with existing and new statutory and regulatory requirements for pension and health and welfare plans, as well as daily activities including drafting of participant notices and communications, compliance with reporting and disclosure requirements, etc.
* Experience preferred with the development, implementation and administration of cafeteria plans and advising on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, HIPAA (portability, privacy and security), HITECH and other regulatory and operational issues.
|* J.D. required.|
* Minimum of 5 years experience providing legal support to in a law firm or corporate legal department setting on corporate compensation and benefits matters.
* Extensive knowledge of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), as amended and all of rules and regulations thereunder.
* Familiarity with 409A, 162(m), 280G and other executive compensation rules, regulations and guidance. Familiarity with applicable SEC and NYSE governance, proxy and other disclosure rules a plus.
* Mature, professional demeanor.
* Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to successfully manage several ongoing assignments.
* Ability to work independently and proactively, to multi-task and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal, writing and problem solving skills. Dedicated team player.
|Focused on people, not just our bottom line. |
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll
have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office - and a difference in your community. So if you're talented,
driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.