In this ITSolution Architect role within the Financial Services Architecture team youwill be responsible for architectural direction for new technology solutions aswell as modernizing our existing applications to support our rapidly growing FinancialServices business.
An individual inthe Architecture job family is a strategic resource. This individual could beinvolved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering andimplementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technicalleadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision,technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organizationto gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improveperformance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget,resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages acrossteams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up totechnical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across theorganization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities,and is a strong influencer that engages with client executives andstakeholders.
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Collaborate with the business tounderstand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emergingtechnologies/products/trends
- Communicate solution options to businessowners/stakeholders (i.e. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate framework selection and applicationarchitecture into designs, proof of technology projects, and contributingworking code, while ensuring alignment with portfolio technology
- Develop and maintain Architecture artifacts,technical designs, strategy documents and other technical artifacts
- Mentor & provide Subject Matter Expertise tothe development teams as needed
- Accelerate the adoption of new technologies andpatterns by building prototypes and leading technology sharing sessions withthe broader Financial Services IT teams
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent workexperience
- 8+ years of experience in IT Solution Deliveryand architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an agile deliveryenvironment
- Demonstrated ability to apply process,architecture and software engineering principles, methods and tools to businesschallenges
- Development background
- Financial Services industry experience
- TOGAF certification
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords IT Solution Architect, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota