Northeast Bank is a premier family-owned community bank that diligently works to meet the needs of our neighbors and the community that we are dedicated to serve. Local businesses and non-profits are important to us and our community - that is why we go to great lengths to help them grow. We have a great opportunity for a hard working individual to join our team as a Head Teller at our Coon Rapids office. Supervise, staff, and develop the teller line to run efficiently and effectively by providing quality customer service, balancing cash drawers, maintaining maximum security over bank money and operate computer software in a quick and efficient manner.
1. Supervise the duties of the tellers to assure efficient and effective daily operation. Coordinate staffing, training, supervision, performance, and salary reviews for the staff, including hiring and termination recommendations.
2. Provides quality customer service including greeting customers by name, smiling, and thanking every customer. Acts professionally including conversations with customers and employees in person and on the phone, Keeps confidentiality of customers within those that need to know.
3. Open and close all types of deposit accounts for consumer and commercial accounts. Sell, redeems and renews certificates of deposit, including IRA's. Assists customers with address changes, stop payments, balance inquiries, statement balancing, check approvals, check orders, etc.
4. Accurate in balancing vault and counting cash. Resolves balancing differences independently and assists other tellers in resolving differences. Assess workload and completion of department responsibilities.
5. Maintain maximum security over bank assets. Stays within established limits. Processes currency transaction reports, checks ID, signatures, and scrutinizes negotiable instruments with potential for fraud. Process bank money orders, cash advances, VISA gift cards savings bonds, etc. Maintain and balance general ledger accounts in a timely manner. Investigate and correct errors.
6. Inform customers of banking products beneficial to the customer. Cross sell and refer to other personnel when need arises. Answer basic customer questions and follows up with customers.
7. Communicate effectively with supervisor, manager, and co-workers.
Education - high school diploma or GED, 2-year degree preferred
Experience - a minimum of 2-5 years teller experience AND supervisory experience
Other Skills - professional, effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver above average customer service; ability to multi-task and organize priorities; medium level of computer literacy; maintain confidentiality; maintain high level of focus and accuracy
Working Conditions - requires near vision, noise level is usually moderate; must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk and hear to perform the job; ability to lift coin/cash weighing up to 30 pounds