Medical Records Specialist
Comfort Medical, a wholly owned subsidiary of Colopalst Corp, has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Records Specialist to join our Billing department.
You will be responsible for interacting with medical facilities and providers' offices in an effort to collect medical record documentation; management of medical files, and scanning them into the database.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Organize and maintain customer medical records by collecting pertinent and relevant information about customers, and uploading leads into the database.
- Review each medical record for missing documentation; check physician's notes for appropriate diagnosis to justify Comfort Medical's service; verify that the correct person has signed all paperwork such as physician's orders, and other documentation requiring signature.
- Ensure the correction of deficient documentation, and documentation requiring signature are received, and filed in the required time frame.
- Ensure accuracy of components within the files, and scanning into the system when applicable.
- Collect verbal orders, written copy of the verbal order, and the authenticated doctor's order prior to billing for supplies
- Identify and overcome objectives in an attempt to resolve complaints and ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Identify and report errors and quality deficiencies to manager
- Fulfill requests by clarifying desired information; completing transactions; forwarding requests when applicable.
- Maintain customer records by entering information accurately, and completely.
- Keep equipment operational by following established procedures; report equipment malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job tasks.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Communicate effectively with teammates to ensure high quality, and timely expedition of customer requests.
- Remain knowledgeable of Medicare policies and federal/state regulations that affect sales activities, and interactions with physicians.
- Assists with shipping and other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Clerical skills including proficiency with data entry and computers programs.
- Willingness to engage in telephone direct sales.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Call center experience is desired as position entails a high amount of customer interaction over the phone.
The job information contained herein will apply to the candidate successful in being hired for the position. If interested, please apply today!
Comfort provides an extensive selection of name brand catheter and ostomy supplies to thousands of customers nationwide. Our attention to detail, unmatched customer service, and dedication to helping our customers live happier, healthier lives are just a few of the many reasons Comfort is one of the fastest growing catheter and ostomy supply companies in the nation!