|Location:||Saint Paul, MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Shaller Family Campus (Sholom Home East)|
|Description:||Sholom Community Alliance, one of the premier healthcare and senior services organizations in the Twin Cities, has a full-time opening for a knowledgeable, skilled MDS Coordinator.|
The MDS Coordinator completes the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) including the Minimum Data Set (MDS) as prescribed by State and Federal regulations in a timely and accurate manner. The incumbent will also assist in identifying the problems and potential care planning issues, coordinate completion of CAA (Care Area Assessment) summaries, coordinate the interdisciplinary staff involvement in assessment and care planning, initiates and participates in quality assurance activities to monitor Quality Indicators (QIs) and to carry out quality improvement activities, and trains and monitors all staff involved in the MDS process to assure facility wide compliance.
- Coordinate resident care between multiple departments and lead the Care Plan team.
- Assure that residents are receiving appropriate care in accordance with care plan. Communicate with Nursing staff and all other departments on the campus to facilitate quality patient care.
- Communicate with all disciplines regarding status of residents and coordinate care and appropriate discharge planning with the Social Services department.
- Coordinate care plan meetings for all residents in the skilled nursing facility.
- Encourage direct care staff to provide accurate information for each resident's MDS.
- Motivate nursing staff to provide accurate information for each resident's MDS. Transmit every MDS within the time frame mandated by the state and OBRA (Omnibus Bill Resident Assessment) guidelines.
- Communicate with the Billing Department regarding RUG (Resource Utilization Group) status and any changes of status for Medicare or Managed Care residents, along with Medicare Nurse.
If you're interested in working for an organization committed to providing high quality care and services to elderly adults, come join the Sholom team!
- Must have current licensure as an RN in the State of Minnesota and must maintain licensure.
- 2 or more years of long term care clinical nursing experience is required and one year of care plan development experience preferred.
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, MDS completion, clinical resource utilization and/or case management.
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com\employment.
740 Kay Ave St.Paul, MN 5512