Kato Engineering, a global generator and motor manufacturer located in Mankato, MN, is seeking an Analyst-FEA (Finite Element Analysis). This person is responsible for performing structural, thermal, and CFD analysis on motors and generator assemblies to support their design, development, and product optimization. The Analyst works in an engineering group that supports product development and improvement, and takes direction from the Lead Analyst.
- Design and develop models on CAD stations
- Must be proficient with FEA techniques and strength of materials and possess a basic understanding of fluid mechanics, manufacturing processes, heat transfer theory and rotating equipment
- Because this individual will interface with both internal and external customers and write technical reports on a regular basis, s/he must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Work effectively with US and Global teams
Qualified individuals will have:
- MSME with 3 plus years of analysis experience or BSME with 5 years of applied experience
- Experience with FEA tools (ANSYS, or equivalent), Engineering Calculation Software, (MathCAD or equivalent), MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Preferred Experience: CAD Modeling skills (ProE: Creo or comparable systems that include; NX, Solidworks, Solidedge, Autodesk Inventor,Catia) and PDM (Teamcenter or equivalent))
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to sit at a work station for extended periods
- Due to US Department of Defense contracts, the candidate must be a US Citizen
Additional Company Information Kato Engineering is a world leader in engineering and manufacturing high quality generators and M-G sets. Concentrating in the 200 kW to 25 MW range, our products can be found in major industries all over the world. Oil, gas, coal, uranium, copper, iron ore, lumber... Kato generators supply power to tap the world's resources. Tankers, freighters, locomotives, aircraft, mass transit... Kato furnishes the power to keep all of them moving. Hospitals, communication, remote areas of the country, or any place where dependable, controllable electrical power is needed... is where you will find Kato generators.
We are proud of our 82-year tradition of design and manufacturing excellence and innovation. Kato Engineering has over 500 employees in its 245,000 sq-foot facility in North Mankato, Minnesota. It has an in-house research & development, design engineering, purchasing, production and sales staff.
As a business unit of Emerson Industrial Automation we are able to offer a competitive rewards package. Through a strong profit sharing program employees experience contributions that reflect the performance of the company and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for both you and your dependents. Life insurance, 401k and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and security for your family. We also offer additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, employee assistance programs, vacation and a generous holiday schedule.
Find out more at
Kato Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.