Uponor is a global leader in the manufacturing of products and systems that make homes and commercial environments comfortable, safe and healthy. Uponor offers a dynamic work environment with talented professionals resulting in partnerships that produce the highest quality products, service and support. Uponor was just named a Manufacturer’s Alliance Manufacturer of the Year for 2013 for the company’s willingness to share information to strengthen fellow Minnesota manufacturers. In 2012, Uponor was named one of Star Tribune’s 2012 Top Workplaces by employees. Uponor’s focus on the customer along with our commitment to corporate citizenship and sustainability make us an employer of choice in the southern Twin Cities metro area. Uponor is looking for PEX and Recoil Operators to join in on our success.
The PEX Operator position is responsible for the set-up, adjustment and operation of extrusion equipment and auxiliary extrusion equipment and providing assistance at secondary lines as required. The Recoil Operator position is tasked with the operation of packaging equipment. Both positions are responsible for measuring and submitting samples to ensure quality pipe products.
These are night shift opportunities, rotating 4 nights on, 4 nights off, 12 hour shifts. Hours are 6PM-6AM.
PEX Operator Responsibilities:
• Changing reels
• Changing tools
• Changing materials
• Use Dial Indicator
• Record Measurements
• Clean responsible area of production
• Submitting quality samples
• Seek out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives
Recoil Operator Responsibilities:
• Operates all packaging equipment by following company procedures
• Maintains quality standards
• Accurately labels all products
• Maintains accurate production paperwork
• Changes reels and/or carts as required
• Maintains communication with Lead and Supervisor
• Performs all tasks in a safe manner
• Cuts samples in a timely manner
• Disposes scrap properly
• Provides housekeeping
• Performs required set-up of all recoil equipment
• Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives
High school education with 1+ years of manufacturing experience. Mechanical Aptitude, Safety, and Oral Communication skills are also required.
*Uponor is proud to be a drug-free employer*