|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Category Manager is responsible for the development of the product assortment plan that will meet the strategic and financial goals for the company. They are accountable to execute the product assortment plan while delivering the financial goals associated with the category including sales, profitability, ROI of inventory and use of space.|
• Routing product class analysis and business plan development that optimizes assortments, pricing, promotion and merchandising placement across all business units in order to maximize sales and margin performance.
• Develops product assortments, sources products from vendor community and established the vendor relationship to deliver the assortment plans
• Negotiates vendor agreements to ensure optimal pricing and terms.
• Aggressively negotiates vendor incentives programs including, but not limited to, payment terms, rebates, co-op, allowances, returns and freight.
• Provide product and category expertise to support sales, marketing and other internal efforts.
• Assist with the creation of and ensures the execution of the Rockler Proprietary Brand Marketing Plan.
• Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve supply chain efficiencies through domestic or global sourcing initiatives.
• Evaluate industry and competitive trends and define and act on new opportunities.
• Communicate and coordinate with Buyer to ensure optimization of inventory and logistical planning.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 8+ years experience in product class field, vendor management and sourcing.
• 5+ years experience in multi-channel selling environment
• High level of product knowledge and expertise.
• Strong communications and negotiating skills.
• Strong planning, analytical and organizational skills.
• Maintains a sense of urgency while managing multiple tasks.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Woodworking experience/background and knowledge of industry preferred.