|[Position No Longer Available]|
|Position:||Mandarin Chinese Teachers for the 2013 - 2014 School Year|
|Company:||South Washington County Schools, ISD 833|
|Job Location(s):||Cottage Grove, MN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Education - K12, Education - Professional/Vocational, Education - Special Needs|
|Mandarin Chinese Teachers for the 2013 - 2014 School Year||JobID: 2867|
April 1, 2013
|Miscellaneous Teaching/Mandarin Chinese Language Instructor|
Various Positions for Mandarin Chinese Teachers for the 2013-2014 School Year
Elementary, Middle School, and High School opportunities
Part time and Full time
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary schedule based on Teacher's Contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Required: Current MN Teaching License in K-8 or K-12 Chinese
Position Reports to:
Primary Job Functions, may include:
* Correlates instructional content and student learning objectives to district curriculum goals and objectives.
* Demonstrates knowledge of scope and sequence of subject matter.
* Inter-relates subject matter into daily classroom life.
* Expands own knowledge of content areas.
* Demonstrates understanding of the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of the learner.
* Determines each student's needs in these areas and guides learning to meet those needs.
* Accepts and respects the strengths and limitations of students.
* Organizes appropriate ability grouping to maximize learning.
* Uses appropriate instruction materials/resources to meet instructional objectives.
* Materials/resources use relates to diagnosed needs of learners.
* Uses materials that are compatible with a range of student abilities.
* Utilizes vast district resources and instructs students in and encourages their use.
* Uses student strengths as a basis for growth and student errors as an opportunity for learning.
* Designs teaching strategies and materials to achieve different instructional purposes and to meet student needs including developmental stages, prior knowledge, learning styles, and interests.
* Monitor teaching strategies and behaviors in relation to student success to modify plans and instructional approaches to achieve student goals.
* Maintains a course/unit plan for meeting objectives consistent with building/district curriculum.
* Utilizes basic components (steps) in lesson planning. These include: selecting correct learning objective(s) at appropriate level for students; listing resources, equipment, and materials; course content from outline; teacher activities; student activities; and evaluation procedure consistent with the objectives.
* Relates daily student learning objectives and instructional activities to building/district curriculum goals and objectives.
* Varies the instructional process to address the content and purposes of instruction and needs of students.
* Uses assessment to identify student strengths and promote student growth and to maximize student access to learning opportunities.
* Uses varied and appropriate formal and informal assessment techniques including observation, portfolios of student work, teacher-made tests, performance tasks, projects, student self-assessments, peer assessments, and standardized tests.
* Uses assessment data to increase knowledge of students, evaluate student progress, performance, and modify teaching and learning strategies.
a. Organize and Maintain Physical Space
* Maintains a well-kept, attractive working classroom environment.
* Uses classroom resources to the advantage and accessibility of all learners.
b. Physical and Emotional Safety of Students
* Listens to students to understand concerns and needs.
* Supervises students constructively for pupil safety, growth, and development.
c. Manage Classroom Procedures
* Administers routine matters efficiently and effectively so that positive instructional improvement and implementation may take place.
* Uses organized group work to engage all students.
* Assigns volunteers and/or paraprofessionals with appropriate tasks to allow greatest contribution to classroom environment.
d. Manage Student Behavior
* Provides clearly stated rules for student behavior, in accordance with district/school guidelines.
* Establishes classroom atmosphere in which student is held accountable for own behavior.
* Responds to misbehavior in appropriate and successful manner, respecting student's dignity.
e. Create an Environment of Respect and Rapport
* Builds self-esteem through positive reinforcement.
* Develops and maintains rapport and an atmosphere of good will and respect for students.
* Shows an interest in every student as an individual.
f. Establish a Culture for Learning
* Uses appropriate and consistently applied techniques to maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
* Uses instruction time for active learning.
* Conveys genuine enthusiasm for subject matter and encourages pride in work of high quality.
a. Communicate Clearly and Accurately
* Uses clear and concise language when explaining directions and procedures.
* Uses both oral and written language to address needs of both verbal and visual learners.
b. Use Questioning and Discussion Techniques
* Uses high quality questions and encourages response/reaction from students.
* Engages all students in classroom discussions.
c. Engage Students in Learning
* Creates activities and assignment that are appropriate for students' knowledge and experience.
* Uses instructional time and materials to engage students in meaningful learning activities.
* Provides lessons that have clearly defined structure.
d. Provide Feedback to Students
* Conducts individual conferences with students on a regular basis.
* Communicates accurately and specifically with students at the appropriate level.
e. Demonstrate Flexibility and Responsiveness
* Makes adjustments to lesson plan when appropriate.
* Encourages opportunities to enhance learning by building on questions and events.
* Persists in finding effective approaches for students who need help using various strategies and additional resources if necessary.
a. Integrate the District
* Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the district philosophy, strategic plan, goals, and objectives as outlined in the adopted course study.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
* Follows district approved curriculum which is aligned with state standards and incorporates assessments.
* Sets measurable goals and communicates progress for continuous improvement.
b. Reflect on Teaching
* Assesses lesson's effectiveness and determines ways to improve in future use.
* Seeks coaching from administrators/colleagues/mentors and implements those suggestions.
c. Maintain Accurate Records
* Maintains accurate records on student completion of assignments.
* Maintains effective records on student progress and non-instructional activities.
d. Communicate with Students and Families
* Provides regular student progress reports to parents/guardians and is receptive to parent concerns as needed.
* Strives to engage entire family in the instructional program.
e. Contribute to Relationships with Colleagues, Administrators, School, District, and Community
* Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
* Demonstrates constructive interpersonal relationships and professional integrity.
* Participates in district curriculum development.
* Participates in and implements goals of school-related programs.
* Participates in and implements school and district decision-making.
f. Grow and Develop Professionally
* Demonstrates knowledge of teaching through instructional competencies and continued study of subject area(s).
* Promotes professional development of the school program with judgment and decision-making.
* Uses self-evaluation for performance improvement.
* Seeks out opportunities for professional development.
* Participates in professional organizations that promote the profession of teaching and assists other teachers.
g. Show Professionalism
* Establish and maintain attitude and outlook that is positive, adaptable, and demonstrates professionalism.
* Accepts assignments and meets target dates.
* Demonstrates professional competence when interpreting educational program to students and community.
* Attends required meetings and follows specific building procedures.
* Practices and models Code of Ethics for Minnesota Teachers (MN Rule 8700.7500).
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume