Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States.
Thousands of water treatment facilities, manufacturers, food and dairy producers, research labs and many other organizations depend on Hawkins for the chemical products they need. These products range from potassium carbonate to chlorine to FCC grade citrates and phosphates.Our Mission - To exceed our customers' expectations as a high-quality, service-oriented chemical supplier. We will adapt quickly to the changing chemical needs of customers with a keen focus on technical expertise, teamwork, safety, profitability, and responsible care of the environment and of our community. Job OverviewThis position manages 6-8 maintenance techs that perform facility level maintenance. Responsibilities include managing Proteus (CMMS), staffing resources, setting training/standards, conducting root cause failure analysis, and review/provide input for capital projects. Individual will also be hands on and have duties that range from routine mechanical maintenance to electrical, instrumentation, and controls support.Summary of Primary Work Performed:
Employee will be required to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Uphold Hawkins Incorporated's standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Ability to safely operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs and complying with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Lead inspection and maintenance in PSM/RMP/ISO/SQF regulated and certified facilities.
- Understand the operations of electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Maintain accurate reports and records including documentation of systems and components.
- Promote a culture of cleanliness preventing contamination and product damage.
- Provide feedback for engineers to help modify existing equipment and improve the design of future equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls quickly and make repairs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager - including working at other locations.
- Monitor and complete preventative/demand maintenance orders.
- Maintain preventive maintenance program and optimize spare parts inventory.
- Direct and work with contractors.
- Understand and operate production processes for maintenance purposes.
- Participate as a member of the emergency response team (HAZWOPER 24 Hour certification).
Summary of Secondary Work Performed:
- As representatives of Hawkins Inc, all employees are to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Supports effective communication within the facility to ensure success of the team.
- Operate motorized equipment (forklifts, skid loader, front end loader, snow plowing, company pickup)
- Perform general facility and equipment repairs including:
- Pipe fitting/installation, familiarity with ASME B31.3 requirements
- Pump repair
- Boiler/HVAC/Compressors/Pump operations
- Tank inspections
Employee will participate in:
- Company Safety Program
- Company Quality Program
- Company Drug Policy
- 2 year technical degree required, 4 year bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years supervisor or manager experience.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) complex and/or technical operations and procedures in terms easily understood by non-technical operators.
- Special Engineers License for Boilers with ability to attain a minimum of 2nd Class C after one year.
- Valid driver's license.
- Computer skills to effectively use maintenance software, communicate through email, and research equipment/spare parts.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret P&ID drawings, written instructions, and ladder logic diagrams.
- Ability to work weekends and be on-call.
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck.
- Experience with API 653 Inspections and/or Stainless Steel Welding Inspection Certification are a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from -10 up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; snow, rain, wind, and high humidity.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- No facial hair below the corners of the mouth
- Ability to wear required PPE - safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, respirator and SCBA when necessary.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume.
All resumes must be submitted online.Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer