Senior Software Developer
Octane fitness is seeking a software developer to help create exercise equipment that encourages people to become healthier. Our products are best-in-class elliptical aerobic trainers for use in homes and commercial settings. Embedded software in our products controls and communicates with many parts of the machine and, in several machines, with the internet and worldwide web. It is a key part of making the user experience fun and motivating.
- Embedded Linux software development
- Develop Apps that work in a multi-media environment – Streaming video and audio over the Web, Apple iPad/iPhone audio and video, cable and satellite TV
- Develop software that monitors and controls fitness equipment
- Participate in design and implementation discussions
- Work in cross-functional product teams to introduce new products and improvements to existing products
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Expert in Embedded Linux C/C++ development in a multi-threaded environment
- BS in computer science
- Passion for programming
- Pragmatic and focused developer
- Curious and willing to try new ideas
- Able to effectively communicate with engineers and non-technical team members
As the only fitness manufacturer in the world dedicated exclusively to elliptical cross training machines, Octane Fitness has quickly become an established leader in this highly competitive industry. Precise focus and proven performance clearly distinguish the company and benefit our customers with innovative, award-winning products; dedicated resources; uncompromised quality; and personalized customer service for elliptical machines.
Founded with a bold mission to reshape and perfect elliptical machines, Octane demonstrates unprecedented commitment and drive. With more than 10 years of award-winning success developing and distributing premium elliptical cross trainers, the Octane team is fueled by a relentless passion to create the absolute best elliptical machines ever.