The Global IT Manager role is to oversee the efficient operations of the company's network, servers, telecommunications, applications and data center. In addition, the IT Manager will ensure that the company's IT services meet or exceed business service requirements. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day tasks and operations of the IT team as well as implementing projects.
This position will be responsible for managing the current IT team as well as preparing the company for growth through acquisition. This team provides Tier I & 2 support for all problems with hardware/software and reviews systems to collect information about problems through diagnostic checks to determine the source of errors. This individual must be able to log and track calls using incident management software, maintain historical records and related problem documentation, and perform triage on all incoming requests to ensure that tickets are routed to the appropriate group for resolution. Daily activities will be driven primarily by recurring system health checks and responding to automated system alerts.
* 7+ years' experience working in an IT - Infrastructure
* 4+ years' experience as an IT Director or Manager
* Storage Area Networks (SAN - including replication techniques).
* Knowledge of Microsoft OS / SQL system and iSeries administration.
* Knowledge of desktop and server hardware.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
* Possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
* Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to ascertain information and maintain dialogue with multiple teams as to the status of a particular issue.
* Ability to effectively and calmly operate within a complex and changing environment.
* Well organized and has the ability to properly manage team workload.
* Solid problem solving abilities.
* Should possess a strong work ethic and a desire for a variety of challenges.
* Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups.
* 3+ years working in a Global IT environment.
* Post-secondary education in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work in the Information Technology field.