OPTIONS Family & Behavior Services
151 West Burnsville Parkway Suite 100
Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone: 952-564-3000 Fax: 952-564-3031
ARMHS MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
I. Purpose of Position
To provide rehabilitative services to consumers with mental illness, in the form of instruction, support, and assistance for the purpose of promoting psychiatric stability, social competencies, personal and emotional adjustment, and independent living skills.
II. Primary Functions and Duties
A. Provide Mental Health Rehabilitative Services
- Facilitate intake meetings
- Provide direct skills with the client’s involvement
- Develop a Recovery goal, Rehab goal, and Objective with client
- Utilize Illness Management and Recovery (ARMHS)
- Practitioner will engage in outside ongoing education and continuing education required to maintain their position
- Provide parent management training
- Use motivational interviewing skills
- Facilitate CBT skills with consumers
- Make weekly phone calls to appropriate providers
- Prepare History for Diagnostic Assessment
- Provide confidentiality
- Coordinate services with county case mangers, family/guardian of client, work personnel, medical personnel, etc.
- Participate in professional meetings and workshops
- Develop therapeutic relationship with team and consumers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain client files, update client files, update treatment plans quarterly, do all required documentation, and registration form as specified in department of human services guidelines.
- Complete accurate case notes on individual, family and group skills for each billable unit.
- Prepare written reports and state mandated paperwork
- Complete case notes in session
- Secure car files
- And other duties as assigned
C. Provide Community Bases Services
- Must have current drivers license in good standing
- Have comprehensive auto insurance
- Maintain own reliable transportation
- Provide services in various billable locations
- Provide services in within school district building (CTSS)
- Maintain staff and professional relationships with consumers and their individual community and property
D. Public Relations/Networking/Liaison
- Responsible for the reputation and public image of the agency
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the community
- Refer clients to other professional as needed with supervisor approval
- Communicate with other providers involved
- Practitioner will educate self on community resources
- Have knowledge of all agency programs
E. Insurance/County/3rd Party Payers
- General knowledge of 3rd party insurance coverage and benefits
- A working understanding medical billing
- Maintaining accurate and current billing information on each consumer
- Communicate with billing office if any changes
F. And Other Duties As Assigned
III. Scope of the Position
The Mental Health Practitioner will report to a designated supervisor. The Practitioner will provide services that are rehabilitative and enable the client to develop and enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, social competencies, community skills, and independent living skills. The Practitioner will support the client in strengthening skill areas needed according to their treatment plan.
The practitioner is responsible for basic cleanliness, and maintaining of the program site and contents within site (office equipment).
The agency provides services to clients in the metro area. The number of clients served by each practitioner varies by the type of case and intensity of services provided. The agency provides services to adults, adolescents, and children in the form of in-home/community services. (In accordance with Job Hire)
- Bachelors Degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Have 2000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of adults with mental illness or children with emotional disturbances OR be enrolled as a graduate student in one of the behavioral services or related fields by and accredited college or university OR has obtained a masters or other graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields by an accredited college or university.
V. Skills and Abilities
- Be able to function independently, interact with, and relate to a variety of individuals
- Written and Verbal skills are necessary to function effectively
- Practitioner must be able to act in a manner that encourages change and provides a positive and support atmosphere.
- Practice effective decision making
- Create professional reports
- Handle crisis situations and follow through of supervisors directives
- Identify client needs and treatment plan goals
- Work with culturally diverse populations.
- Basic computer skills required
- Must be able to understand and communicate the English language
- Must be able to use and maintain a daily schedule
VI. Hourly Wage
- Starting Wage 15.00/Hour
- Cap Wage 18.00/Hour
VII. Physical Work Requirements
The candidate must be able to hear and speak English clearly in order to assess and provide services to the consumers. It is expected the candidate be awake and alert throughout the duration of his/her time at work. Some level of physical activity may be required. The candidate must be able to move frequently and attend various functions within the community. Candidates must be able to drive their vehicle safely and in accordance to Policies and Procedures.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand Frequently 10 lbs or less Constantly
Walk Frequently 11-20 lbs Occasionally
Reach outward Constantly
Reach above shoulder Constantly
Climb (Steps) Frequently
Squat or Kneel Frequently