The dedicated Hearst Television team at Internet Broadcasting seeks an experienced Web Developer to join us in the design and development of web applications for one of the world's largest media companies. HTV Web Developers are responsible for continually improving both desktop and mobile web applications built on IB's custom content management system and application engine. We're in search of a motivated developer with experience solving problems in code and crafting quality web-based solutions using modern tools and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce innovative functionality for highly visible, heavily trafficked web applications.
- Work with closely-knit, agile team in the analysis, design, implementation and support of applications.
- Communicate effectively with product and project managers, developers, testers and customers.
- Participate in the research and evaluation of new tools and technologies.
- Experience working in a structured team environment, writing, testing and documenting applications targeted for collective team ownership.
- Experience with build tools and as Maven or Ant and version control systems such as SVN or GIT.
- Capable of operating effectively as part of a closely-knit agile team in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in cross-domain scripting and security.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and practices.
- Motivated to learn on the job, explore new tools, techniques and technologies.
- BS/MS-level degree or corresponding education/knowledge/relevant work experience in web application development.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates having experience in:
Internet Broadcasting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital/ familial status, ancestry, or public assistance in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Interested in applying?
Select "Applicant Login"
Use this criteria to apply:
job authorization code: HTVDedicatedTeam