Pad Print Operator
Seeking experienced Pad Print technicians familiar with mixing inks, selecting pads, printing on 3 dimensional parts, set ups and plate burning.
Job Purpose: Print on 3-Dimensional Plastic parts and other substrates.
Experience and Education:
· 18+ years-old
· Minimum three-years experience as a pad print operator.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
· Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
· Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
· Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
· Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
· Push buttons, turn handles or move controls and levers to start and control printing machines.
· Reposition printing plates, adjust pressure rolls, or otherwise adjust machines to improve print quality, using knobs, handwheels, or hand tools.
· Set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, and positions and pressure tolerances of equipment.
· Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors, and color sequences.
· Select and install printing plates, rollers, feed guides, gauges, screens, stencils, type, dies, and cylinders in machines according to specifications, using hand tools.
· Monitor feeding, printing, and racking processes of presses to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
· Operate equipment at slow speed to ensure proper ink coverage, alignment, and registration.
· Load, position, and adjust unprinted materials on holding fixtures or in equipment loading and feeding mechanisms.
· Pour or spread paint, ink, color compounds, and other materials into reservoirs, troughs, hoppers, or color holders of printing units, making measurements and adjustments to control color and viscosity.
· Repair, maintain, or adjust equipment.
· Blend and test paint, inks, stains, and solvents according to types of material being printed and work order specifications.
· Clean and lubricate printing machines and components, using oil, solvents, brushes, rags, and hoses.
· Remove printed materials from presses, using handtrucks, electric lifts, or hoists, and transport them to drying, storage or finishing areas.