|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Internal Audit Manager|
|Job Location(s):||Minneapolis, MN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Hospitality/Hotel/Resort, Accounting - Audit, Finance - Operations/Admin|
|Title||Internal Audit Manager|
|Description||CSM Corporation, a leader in the real estate industry through Acquiring, Developing and Managing property since 1976 is looking for a highly analytical and objective leader to take ownership of the Auditing function for various business entities at CSM. We strive for first class customer service and seek out the best to realize our agenda, no matter what part of the business our employees are engaged in! As a leader in the industry, we tirelessly develop, support, and offer the opportunity for our employees to be a part of something big! If CSM's goals mirror your own, be ready to fulfill your potential while engaging with some of the most outstanding people in the organization.|
The primary purpose of this role is to develop audit procedures; conduct performance, operational, financial, and compliance audits in both the field and corporate office. Provide consulting services to the organization and suggest process improvements. The goal of this role is to take the lead on minimizing risk and exposure to the organization.
CSM's CORE VALUES
* Exemplifies integrity and trust
* Committed to quality and outstanding service
* Treats everyone with respect
* Dedicated to continuous improvement
* Committed to the future of our communities
* Strategic Focus
* Decision Quality
* Problem Solving
* Handles Pressure Well
* Business Acumen/Technical Proficiency
* Accountability/Drive for Results
* Priority Setting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop Audit Programs and Reports:
* Develop audit programs to evaluate processes for effectiveness of controls, efficiency, accuracy and compliance to established procedures.
* Work with Audit Committee to develop appropriate reporting, analysis, and feedback tools.
* Design and execute test steps to assess design and operational effectiveness of key controls.
Perform Field Operation Audits:
* Develop and follow assigned audit procedure to evaluate the effectiveness and compliance with operating procedures at each of the portfolio's hotels throughout the year.
* Work with business partners to present and validate potential issues, facilitate the development of appropriate remediation plans and timelines.
* Develop and implement audit process for residential communities.
* Analyze, prepare and document results and prepare audit reports to communicate the findings and recommendations to senior management.
Process Improvement / Risk Mitigation:
* Conduct risk assessments in order to identifying risk potential or control weaknesses and develop audit plans to minimize loss or compliance concerns.
* Assist as needed in identifying and documenting process improvements. Utilize LEAN and other process improvement tools to help improve efficiency and effectiveness of various internal processes.
* Other performance improvement or risk mitigation projects as assigned.
BS in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CIA designation desired
* 7-10 years work experience in public accounting and/or internal audit
* Real estate or hospitality industry experience preferred
* Solid experience with risk assessment and internal controls
* Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
* Demonstrated process improvement experience is preferred
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize work
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to travel and to work some evening and weekend shifts (up to 30%).