This position in our Supply Chain department is responsible for building customer loyalty and confidence by receiving incoming calls/e-mails, entering orders, answering questions, resolving issues and advising customers of stock availability and delivery schedules. Customer orders are managed as a mix of traditional manual order processing and EDI. Responsibilities also include processing trade contracts and managing the order mismatch process. This role is also responsible for managing customer data, order quality improvement, and Customer inventory management. This position provides a single point of contact to the Customer for order management by acting as a liaison between the Customer and various internal MOM departments.
1. Customer Focus
- Achieve and maintain alignment in the value chain between suppliers, Malt-O-Meal and the Customer.
- Serve as the customer expert regarding all order fulfillment service issues and requests.
- Effectively manage customer order issues and order status by communicating to MOM internal customers and MOM external customers.
2. Technical/Functional Expertise
- Accurately process Customer orders according to MOM order guidelines and work with Customers to affirm order size, pricing (related to load size), freight allowance, item information, product availability, lead time, turns, inventory levels and other service requirements.
- Manage order remarks and discrepancies within COSMOS system in order to provide good audit records.
- Administer the receipt/creation of orders and their timely release to DRP for production planning.
- Manage customer order mismatches in a timely fashion in order to create accurate invoices.
- Work closely with Sales Support, Demand Planners and Supply Chain Planners to monitor customer order patterns and volumes compared to forecasts.
- Track and report service failures or potential service failures and work with other departments to identify/implement cross-functional solutions to prevent future, ongoing failures.
- Initiate timely communication and feedback regarding any order changes or discrepancies to Sales Support Supply Chain personnel and/or Customers/Brokers.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of assigned accounts in Cosmos as it relates to order management, such as: shipping platforms, auto rules, charges/allowances and items, and communicate changes to others.
- Advise of EDI Customer order information requirements, work with IT and the Customer.
- Timely entry of approved promotional contracts into the planning system
- Research and resolve order mismatch discrepancies as
- Work closely with Sales Support Team to ensure timely receipt of contracts
STRATEGY & BUSINESS PLAN EXECUTION
- Understand and help implement Supply Chain business strategies related to improving customer satisfaction and reducing Supply Chain costs.
- Provide input and solutions to help meet departmental strategies.
- Will use COSMOS order management system for sales orders, invoicing and warehouse management order allocation.
- Able to quickly learn other internal systems that impact order processing and order fulfillment such as Logility SCP, COSMOS, Excel, and Cognos.
- Provide feedback regarding system performance and offer solutions to improve systems, procedures, or operating standards.
- Manage accounts to meet or exceed COF and MOM Supply Chain metrics.
- Operate within Customer Order Fulfillment order processing policies and procedures; communicate exceptions and recommend actions to Manager, Customer Order Fulfillment.
- Participate in resolution of service related issues and the development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Efficiently manage tasks related to order processing administration; improve productivity and accuracy; minimize administrative time to provide maximum lead-time to Malt-O-Meal supply chain to deliver orders on time at the least cost.
- Identify and actively participate to resolve issues that affect quality or service.
- Actively work to identify opportunities for improvement and participate as needed in MOM Excellence projects that impact COF and Supply Chain.
- Utilize the ITWR system to document suggested system enhancements.
MUST be pursuing a 4-year College Degree or Masters at an institution with an accredited program in Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation. Good initiative. A high level of competence in PC applications and the ability to use technology as a decision support tool. Ability to coordinate and move forward on planned activities in a team environment. Collaboration, decision-making, problem solving, results orientation, ability to follow clear objectives. Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives; identify deviations from plan and facilitate resolution. Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.